Seabrook Rehab - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Established in 1974, Seabrook Rehab was a project of Peg and Jerry Diehl, who shared a long story of pain, fear, and confusion due to their consistent substance use. After overcoming their personal struggles, both individuals joined hands to help many stuck in similar circumstances. With this vision, they started a Seabrook treatment center.
Read Also About Aspenridge Recovery
So far, rehab has helped thousands of people quit substance abuse and find new beginnings. The residential campus of the rehab has expanded multiple times to meet the growing customer pool’s counseling, medical, and educational needs. Seabrook is now recognized as an international organization and is renowned for helping adults with substance use disorders.
Three Phases of Care at the Seabrook Rehab
The residential services at Seabrook treatment rehab consist of a continuum of care that includes the following three phases:
Phase One: Detoxification
This phase is necessary to help addicts cleanse their bodies from alcohol or drugs to begin physical healing. Once this physical healing begins, they can focus on the psychological, emotional, and spiritual damage triggered by addiction.
Phase Two: Residential Treatment
The residential phase at Seabrook typically lasts 28 to 35 days excluding the days spent in detox. It allows clients to spend time on-site and engage in therapy and other recreational activities under expert care and supervision.
Phase Three: Outpatient Care
Outpatient care at Seabrook involves attending therapy at least once a week for eight months minimum. The programs work on the principles of the 12-step approach and teach clients how to use these philosophies and treatment as a response to addiction recovery challenges. The following are the components of outpatient services at Seabrook:
- Traditional Outpatient (OP): This involves up to two weekly group sessions.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): This program includes three-hour-long group sessions four times a week and one private or family session every month.
- Partial Care: This includes receiving services five hours per day for four days a week and one meal daily.
- Individual and Family Counseling: This program runs one-hour weekly sessions with clients and their loved ones.
Seabrook Rehab NJ Programs for the Mind, Body, and Soul
Seabrook Treatment Center provides all clients with non-traditional and traditional addiction plans to ensure lasting recovery while addressing all aspects of their underlying substance use. These therapies include complementary therapies, wellness programs, and recreational activities, such as the ones mentioned below.
Seabrook Rehab allows patients a chance to participate in the following complementary therapies:
- Therapeutic Massage: These massages occur in a serene, quiet environment and focus on the upper body, including the head, neck, arms, shoulders, and back. Each session allows clients to enjoy a nurturing space and relax their minds and bodies to release tension and facilitate recovery.
- EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is an integrative psychotherapy approach that has proven to help millions of patients heal from traumas. As a popular intervention tool, experts have done plenty of research to prove its efficacy in helping people overcome their traumas and the consequent addictions to achieve a healthy, well-adjusted life finally.
- Brainspotting: This therapy has been recently introduced in rehab and holds great potential for people recovering from trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Experts have been particularly interested in this complementary therapy, mainly because it targets and activates certain areas within the brain. As a part of the ongoing session, a therapist helps clients position their eyes in such a way that stimulates specific brain areas to promote trauma healing.
- Acudetox: This therapy helps clients balance their bodies without using any medication. It involves the application of ear seeds at specific acupressure points of the ear during the first 24 to 48 hours. These ear seeds reduce pre-existing emotional and physical symptoms related to recovery. As treatment progresses, experts continue applying acupuncture to various ear areas to balance the body and pain relief.
The following wellness programs are available at Seabrook Bridgeton NJ, for clients to participate in:
- Drumming circle: This activity helps clients use drums as an interactive tool to induce social, psychological, and physiological stimulation. It also allows clients to use nonverbal expressions to release their feelings and thoughts, which optimizes their recovery.
- Yoga: The yoga poses added to this wellness program are carefully coordinated with the 12 steps so patients can practice emotional and physical surrender. With some practice, clients can start using this activity to practice the 11th step of the 12-step program, which focuses on quieting the mind and identifying a Higher Power. Yoga also helps people unite their minds and body by linking breathing with mindfulness.
- Mindfulness meditation: Clients can join various mindfulness groups during their primary treatment phase. These groups help them focus their attention on the present moment and deal with any past regrets or future worries more calmly.
- Sleep hygiene: It is common for addicts to experience sleep-related problems, especially during an ongoing withdrawal. Hence, Seabrook rehab focuses on teaching sleep hygiene to maximize their sleep routine and allow their bodies to spend maximum restful sleep hours on promoting recovery. The sleep hygiene program at Seabrook usually involves using healthy practices to improve sleep quality and quantity and does not use any pharmacological sleep supplements.
- Stress management: The rehab uses didactic presentations and exercises to help clients manage their recovery-related stressors while working on their relationships and other aspects of life.
Recreational services at Seabrook House Detox and Rehab Center include the following:
- Fitness center: All clients at Seabrook have access to a fitness center where they can spend time working out to alleviate anxiety, depression, and stress while improving their sleep quality and quantity. This fitness center includes elliptical trainers, recumbent bikes, free weights, Precor Universal Machine, and treadmills for clients.
- Recreation & leisure skills group: Clients can join this group to learn how to incorporate meaningful free-time activities into their daily routine to minimize their drug use. The group also helps them learn other essential skills, such as team building, communication, and trust development.
Is Seabrook Rehab accredited?
The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Addiction Services accredited the Seabrook treatment center.
What makes Seabrook Rehab an excellent place to seek treatment?
Seabrook can be an excellent place to seek treatment because:
It has passed an in-depth review of its treatment services that takes place every three years to ensure that all programs are in compliance with the set guidelines and standards
The rehab has committed to enhancing its treatment quality by thoroughly focusing on patient care
All addiction programs available at Seabrook meet internationally-recognized standards for addiction treatment
It has 37 beds for detoxification to help people with addictions to heroin, Percocet, Roxicodone, oxycodone, and Lortab.
What are my responsibilities as a patient at Seabrook NJ rehab?
As a patient at Seabrook, the rehab expects you to:
- Arrange your transportation to and from the facility.
- Report any issues with abstinence from drug or alcohol use.
- Be willing to change the current treatment plan to address any new difficulties, such as switching to another level of care more appropriate for your situation.
- Provide necessary information and data to the rehab’s financial counselor and be willing to pay any out-of-pocket costs.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of all patients.
- Comply with the current treatment plan.
- Participate in 12-step support group meetings regularly.
- Provide accurate and honest information about your addictive behaviors and overall health.
What does the Seabrook outpatient program focus on?
The outpatient services at Seabrook help clients learn more about the following:
- Addiction and its dynamics
- Conflict resolution
- Relationship skills
- Medical aspects of addiction
- Exercise, nutrition, and recreation
- Significance of abstinence
- Acquiring external support sources
- Family dynamics of addiction
- Relationship skills
- Maximizing 12-step support
- Relapse management skills
- Minimizing risky behaviors
- Communication and assertiveness training
What do Seabrook Rehab reviews say?
As per reviews by individuals who attended Seabrook rehab recovery programs, the facility provides good care and management to people fighting addictions in a friendly and homely environment. Most of these testimonials recommend it for addiction management.
Seabrook Rehab- Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title Seabrook Rehab
- Treatment Program Addiction / Alcohol Addiction / Drug Addiction / Detox
- Location United States/ New Jersey
- Languages English
- Accommodation Shared Room
- Environment Countryside
- Age Young Adult, Adult
- Approach 12 Step, Holistic, Group
- Method Massage, Art Therapy, Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR), Music Therapy, Yoga
- Amenities Fitness Center
- Gender Women & Men