Paradigm Malibu - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Paradigm Malibu is a popular luxury treatment center that caters to teens and young adults battling mental health disorders. The facility has been operational for the past 12 years and offers highly-trained and deeply committed therapists and clinicians to identify and address the root causes of the issues young people are facing. Accredited by the Joint Commission, Paradigm exclusively offers residential treatment services along with academic support to clients so that clients can excel in their educational lives. There are multiple programs for clients to choose from, depending on the intensity and length of stay, offering clients the flexibility to choose the one that best fits them.
Treatment at Paradigm Malibu
Treatment at Paradigm Malibu is highly strategic, systematic, and highly individualized for each client. The rehab runs on the principle that no two clients are the same; each requires a differently structured program to achieve personal treatment goals. The therapeutic modalities utilized at Paradigm are evidence-based, diverse, and dynamic enough to balance the need for tailored management and the requirement of using results-driven approaches.
Paradigm Malibu primarily provides two types of residential treatment plans:
- Adolescent Psychiatric Treatment for individuals aged 12 to 17 years
- Young Adult Psychiatric Treatment for individuals aged 18 to 26 years
These residential programs can be of varying lengths, typically between 30 to 90 days, based on clinical recommendations and the client’s initial response to treatment. The programs include different psychotherapeutic methods available to clients up to 4 times a week in individual settings. These daily sessions with therapists empower the clients to process their issues and traumas and get on the path to recovery as quickly as they can. Another benefit of these personalized sessions is they enable clients to develop vital insights into their issues and understand how they are being addressed within the scope of their treatment plan.
Each treatment plan may include multiple evidence-based therapies to help clients recognize their problems and develop coping strategies to overcome them. Some of these therapies commonly offered at the Paradigm rehab include:
- Trauma-Informed Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Family Systems Therapy
Academics at Paradigm Rehab Malibu
While the primary aim of Paradigm Malibu is to treat the clients as a whole, it also recognizes the significance of academics as a part of treatment, especially for teenagers and adolescents. Therefore, it strives hard to provide its clients with appropriate tools they may use to excel academically both at the rehab and after it. As a part of this mission, experts liaise and collaborate with their clients’ institutions to coordinate any workload requirements or scholastic modifications. This collaboration helps clients stay on track with their primary treatment program at Paradigm.
Read Also About Best Rehab Centers In Malibu
The Paradigm therapeutic day school is a highlight of this rehab, offered three hours per day for five days a week. It runs on a collaborative and hybridized curriculum based on the current school requirements of each client. Instead of focusing on academic rigor, the Paradigm school emphasizes improving intellectual awareness in clients and sorting their complex relationships with the school. That said, it is ensured that the school activities do not compromise clients’ daily therapy sessions and psychiatric evaluations.
How can I know if Paradigm residential treatment is suitable for my teenager?
Your teenage son or daughter may benefit from a residential program at Paradigm Malibu if:
- Their basic treatment has become ineffective
- Their underlying mental illness is severely impacting their development and daily life
- You are concerned for their safety
- They are suffering from multiple co-occurring diseases simultaneously
- Being at home adversely affects them and other members of the family
How does treatment work at Paradigm Malibu?
At Paradigm treatment Malibu, experts prioritize the client through every aspect of their care plan. As soon as a client contacts the rehab, the admissions experts start working on planning their assessments and evaluations. Based on the results of these assessments, the experts at Paradigm have a treatment plan ready for each client by the time they arrive. Each treatment plan involves several experts, including psychologists, psychiatrists, nurses, and more, to cater to the varying needs of clients. Throughout treatment, these experts keep monitoring patient response and progress and may tailor the initial care plan accordingly to make it more beneficial. A typical round of treatment lasts for 35 days; however, clients do have an option to extend it to 60 and even 90 days for a wholesome recovery and sustained benefits.
What mental health conditions do Paradigm treatment centers treat?
Paradigm Malibu offers treatment for the following psychiatric issues in teenagers, adolescents, and young adults:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder- characterized by a lack of attention or periods of hyperactivity
- Anxiety disorder- characterized by intense worries, fears, and a sense of doom
- Personality disorders such as narcissistic personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, and more
- Posttraumatic stress disorder, secondary to exposure to a painful event, such as bereavement, physical assault, sexual violence, etc.
- Major depression- characterized by intense feelings of sadness, gloom, and guilt with a loss of interest in life
- Eating disorders such as rumination disorder, anorexia nervosa, and bulima nervosa
- Substance abuse- characterized by physical dependence on a chemical, like alcohol or heroin
- Bipolar disorder- characterized by alternating episodes of depression and mania
- Suicide ideation in which an individual is preoccupied with thoughts of self-harm
- Dual diagnosis- characterized by a mental disorder co-occurring with substance abuse.
Where can I get more information on Paradigm Malibu?
For any specific queries, you can contact the support team at Paradigm Malibu by calling them at 855-680-1820 or visiting their official website and filling out the contact form. The customer care team is available 24/7 throughout the year without any leaves or holidays.
Will my insurance cover treatment at Paradigm mental health center?
Fortunately, Paradigm Malibu does accept insurance to make its treatment programs more affordable for clients. If you wish to explore treatment at this rehab, the team can assist you by verifying your insurance on your behalf. For this purpose, you may need to fill out an insurance verification form available on their official website, and a representative will get back to you within 24 hours with details. As far as the type of insurance is concerned, Paradigm accepts more commercial insurance plans out-of-network. It is also an in-network provider for MHN, Anthem Blue Cross, and Kaiser.
How expensive is Paradigm Malibu?
Because each client has varying needs and requirements, Paradigm Malibu has not specified the cost of treatment. Interested clients can get in touch with their customer support team to get a quote after verifying their insurance coverage and exploring other financing options.
Paradigm Malibu- Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title Paradigm Malibu
- Treatment Program Addiction / Mental Health / Marijuana Addiction / Gaming Addiction / Sex Addiction / Prescription Drug Addiction / Alcohol Addiction / Medication Addiction / Drug Addiction / Cocaine Addiction / Crack Addiction / Anxiety Disorders / Depression / Obsessive Compulsive Disorder / Trauma & PTSD / Codependency / Personality Disorder / ADHD / Anger
- Location United States/ California
- Languages English
- Accommodation Private Room
- Cost $50'000-100'000/month
- Age Young Adult, Adult
- Environment Beach
- Approach One to One
- Method Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR), Music Therapy, Sport Activities, Yoga, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Art Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Nutritional Coaching, Life Coaching, Equine-Assisted Therapy, Eye Movement Therapy (EMDR), Family Therapy, Maditation
- Aftercare Yes
- Amenities Airport Transfer, Beach Access, Pool, Private Room, Tennis, Leisure Activities
- Gender Women & Men