Cottonwood Tucson REVIEW
Cottonwood is a renowned Arizona mood disorder and addiction treatment facility located on a 35-acre campus in the foothills overlooking Tucson. They are pride on their skilled and compassionate staff and integrative approach to treating mood disorders, trauma, addiction, process addiction (gambling, sex, shopping), eating disorders, co-dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders.
At Cottonwood Tucson, they rely on the latest research on the neurobiology of human development and the neuroscience of addiction and mood disorders to design cutting-edge, patient-responsive treatment programs.; Their understanding of the developing brain, and how addiction and mood disorders can affect the brain’s ability to make content and positive moods, adds to our ability to successfully treat mental health issues in adults.
The clinical staff; is multidisciplinary, highly trained and experienced, and have invested years in developing Cottonwood’s treatment philosophy; treating the whole person;– body, mind, emotions and spirit, and helping patients in establishing renewed health, a greater sense of wellness, and a spiritually-directed lifestyle.
All patients who come to Cottonwood’s holistic drug rehab receive a thorough medical, psychiatric and psychosocial assessment in their first few days of treatment. They can also provide cognitive, educational and personality testing, as well as eastern-based medical practices like acupuncture for patients who would benefit from them. The comprehensive assessment process helps the clinical team to create a personalized treatment plan optimally responsive to each patient’s individual needs.
At Cottonwood, food is viewed as an essential part of the recovery process and is given great attention and importance. Health dietitians will work closely with you to provide you with a food diet that will give your body the right amounts of the right nutrition to promote healthy body functions. Cottonwood’s nutritionists also collaborate with Cottonwood chefs and culinary staff to create a menu that supports the neurobiological needs of all of our patients. They believe that a good recovery nutrition plan should be individualized and flexible. Cottonwood staff respects that each person has a certain taste, food culture, and metabolism and they draw their plans accordingly.
Cottonwoods experts also understand the effect that food has on mental health and how it can change one’s mood. Eating foods containing carbohydrates, proteins and fats, can provide the brain with the nutritional components necessary for the synthesis of the brain’s chemical messengers that promote emotional well-being. Based on this understanding, the Cottonwood team then creates a nutritional plan that will boost happy chemicals such as serotonin to enhance your mood.
Cottonwood also places great importance on physical activity because they believe that humans evolved to be active and that a sedentary lifestyle goes against our nature. They integrate exercise in their recovery plan to achieve physical and emotional balance and to help the mind produce a calm and happy mood. Their skilful exercise regime allows those who suffer from addictions and mood disorders to positively affect the biological component of mood and emotional difficulties.
In addition to nutrition and exercise, Cottonwood also values the spiritual aspect of the human experience. They believe spiritual growth is a vital part of the recovery process – whether it is recovery from trauma, grief or depression or from an addiction to drugs or alcohol. The staff works hard to create and maintain an environment in which patients can feel free and safe to explore their process and discover more about themselves. With the help of spiritual activities such as meditation, Cottonwood helps you bring more peace to your life.
The treatment program at Cottonwood Recovery is holistic and includes a comprehensive list of evidence-based methods including:
– Individual therapy
– Group therapy
– 12 Step meetings
– EKG (electrocardiograms to check the heart’s health)
– Nutritional assessments
– Experience therapy (including music, art, psychodrama and horses),
– Group psychotherapy
– Nicotine meetings
– Psychological tests and medication (if necessary)
In addition to their residential personalized treatment, they offer a medically managed detox program to prevent the dire effects of quitting and addiction and to limit the effects of withdrawal.
The Cottonwood detox program consists of consultation with a medical provider, close nursing supervision, the regular monitoring of vital signs, and a medication protocol to manage the physical distress of withdrawal and guard against potentially injurious withdrawal symptoms.
Cottonwood Tucson has eight detox beds, each located near a nursing station with 24/7 staffing. Our team of clinicians, nurses, and credentialed addiction specialists provide a safe, comfortable detox environment. During their stay, clients also receive nutritional support and have access to holistic therapies such as yoga, Tai Chi, and meditation classes.
Their outpatient program offers important post-recovery insight such as lectures the stages of change and family. It educates the client on how to cope with depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Cottonwood also designed a relapse prevention support program to identify and tackle any signs or problems related to relapse needs.
Cottonwood Tucson [Cost/Price, Accommodation Facilities, Treatment Program Method, Approach,..]
- Title Cottonwood Tucson
- Treatment Program Addiction / Mental Health / Heroin Addiction / Drug Addiction / Cocaine Addiction / Alcohol Addiction / Shopping Addiction / Pathological Gambling / Crack Addiction / Marijuana Addiction / Nicotine Addiction / Sex Addiction / Love Addiction / Porn Addiction / Behavioural Addiction / Opioid Addiction / Medication Addiction / Detox / Narcotics Addiction / Ecstasy Addiction / Gaming Addiction / LSD Addiction / MDMA Addiction / Meth Addiction / Prescription Drug Addiction / Psychostimulant Addiction / Smoking Addiction / Spending Addiction / Substance Abuse / Synthetic Drug Addiction / Burnout / Anxiety Disorders / Chronic Stress / Depression / Eating Disorders / Trauma & PTSD / Bulimia Nervosa / Anorexia Nervosa / Binge Eating Disorder / Orthorexia Nervosa / Emotional Crisis / Codependency / Dual Diagnosis / Mood Disorder / ADHD / Anger / Bipolar
- Location United States/ Arizona
- Languages English
- Accommodation Shared Room, Private Room
- Cost $25'000-50'000/month
- Age Young Adult, Adult
- Environment Desert, Countryside
- Approach 12 Step, Group, On-Site Detox, Spiritual
- Method AA/NA Meetings, Nutritional Coaching, Eye Movement Therapy (EMDR), Family Therapy, Maditation, Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR), Psychiatric Therapy, Psychotherapy, Yoga, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Emotion-focused Therapy (EFT), Social competence training & Life Skills, Life Coaching
- Amenities Pool, Private Room, Insurance Accepted, Walking
- Gender Women & Men