Passages Malibu - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Founded in 2001, Passages Malibu is one of the leading rehabs in the addiction treatment industry. Standing at the forefront, it has been helping people discover and pursue a life free from addiction and its complications for more than 20 years. This revolutionary luxury rehab came into existence when Chris Prentiss, the Malibu Passages founder, strived hard to save his son Pax Prentiss from addiction. Pax had been struggling with alcohol, cocaine, and heroin addiction for nearly a decade and had tried various 12-step programs to overcome it. However, he always relapsed no matter how hard he tried to break free from the hold of addiction. It was not until Chris stood up and formed a customized treatment plan that Pax was finally able to recover completely. This program that Chis developed now serves as a template for all treatments offered at Passages Malibu and has saved more than twenty thousand people from the trenches of addiction so far.
As per the vision of Chris, who now works as the Passages Malibu CEO, the rehab treats every client with respect and dignity. Instead of labeling them an addict or imprisoning them with false beliefs about themselves, it strives to make each client identify the power within themselves to overcome all hurdles. To achieve this, the rehab uses the most effective of all therapies in a high-quality environment.
What Programs do Malibu Passages Rehab Offer?
At present, Passages Malibu offers the following four types of programs to its clients depending on their individual needs:
Detoxification best suits people still under the influence of drugs or alcohol when they arrive at rehab. Upon their arrival, a nurse will perform an assessment to evaluate their detox needs, followed by liaising with a medical doctor to curate a customized detox program. During the detox process, each client is supervised by a team of nurses as their bodies rid themselves of the addictive substances.
Multiple treatment methods and medications are offered to bring clients off addictive drugs or alcohol safely. The nurses will regularly evaluate the progress of every client and coordinate with the doctor to make adjustments if needed.
As a resident of Passages Malibu inpatient rehab, clients will have the chance to immerse themselves in a healing experience of a life fully. When these clients first arrive to get admitted, a care team carefully evaluates them physically and mentally to design a treatment plan that best suits their circumstances. The treatment services rely on a non-12-step model that uses a holistic approach to promote recovery. Furthermore, each client has direct access to the staff members round the clock to make their stay as comfortable and safe as possible.
Outpatient treatment at Passages Malibu can be categorized into the following two types:
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
IOP at Passages Malibu stretches four hours a day for 3 to 5 days a week. It allows clients to return to their daily routines or work while seeking ongoing support and treatment.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP
The Partial Hospitalization Program is a more intensive version of IOP, offering 6 to 7 hours of therapy daily, five days a week. This level of care comes with a solid structure and a strong emphasis on accountability.
Sober Living Homes
Passages Malibu California offer the best sober living homes in the entire state. These homes are comfortable and luxurious and provide the best accommodations to clients. Each accommodation comes with facilities like pools, private beaches, and multiple sources of local entertainment like restaurants or movies. The purpose of sober living homes is to provide clients with a safe space to heal under the supervision of a supportive care team. Spending time in these homes gives them a chance to get used to the substance-free world before they finally return home. Each home has helpful staff members that support clients in achieving their goals and encourage them to lead a sober life.
Passages Malibu Accreditations and Certifications
Passages Malibu strictly adheres to the regulatory requirements and has employed the best addiction professionals to deliver the highest quality of healthcare successfully. The facility is certified by the following prestigious agencies:
The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Quality Care
Passages has successfully passed all health and safety requirements and guarantees its clients the highest level of care.
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
The accreditation ensures the quality, value, and optimal treatment outcomes at the Passages recovery center.
American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
This organization is dedicated to improving the quality of addiction treatment, and its certification makes Passages Malibu a reliable rehab to try.
The State Department of Healthcare Services
Passages Malibu also holds a state Department of Health Care Services license to operate as an adult residential rehab for alcohol and drugs.
What makes Malibu Passages rehab different from other treatment centers?
The philosophy of treatment is what sets Passages Malibu apart from other rehab centers across the world. Compared to a typical rehabilitation center, it does not make its clients feel like a prisoner throughout treatment. The highly trained and compassionate staff members at Passages ensure that everyone feels safe and cared for during treatment. As many rehab centers across the globe are beginning to realize the importance of holistic treatment and care, Passages Malibu rehab was among the pioneers who focused on treating a client as a whole person instead of relying on the 12-step approach alone.
Who is included in the care team at the Passages treatment center?
The founders of Passages Malibu rehab have spent years forming the best care team that includes the finest professionals they can find. Mentioned below is the list of all members that are likely to be a part of your treatment team:
- Medical Doctor
- Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Physical Trainer
- Spiritual Counselor
- Aftercare Planner
What treatments do Passages drug rehabilitation centers offer to their clients as a part of an outpatient program?
Passages Malibu offers a non-12-step outpatient therapy specifically designed to cater to a client’s individual needs and busy schedule. Each client receives a customized plan to get out of addiction and pursue a fulfilling and meaningful life that they can take pride in. to make this happen, the following types of treatment sessions are available:
- Medical evaluation
- Chemical dependency counseling
- Family and marriage therapy
- Continuing care
- Attentive nursing care
What is an average day like at the Passages recovery rehab’s sober living home?
Sober living homes run by Passages Malibu offer clients a chance to practice living an addiction-free life under supervision and care. Mornings begin with a healthy breakfast at dedicated communal areas along with other housemates. Clients can then spend their day enjoying the pool or catching up on social media. Most clients have a busy afternoon with therapeutic sessions at specific outpatient centers. Following these sessions, they return to their sober home and have dinner with their friends. The day ends with a screening of a specific movie or TV show.
Passages Malibu- Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title Passages Malibu
- Treatment Program Mental Health / Addiction / Synthetic Drug Addiction / Substance Abuse / Spending Addiction / Smoking Addiction / Psychostimulant Addiction / Prescription Drug Addiction / Meth Addiction / MDMA Addiction / LSD Addiction / Gaming Addiction / Ecstasy Addiction / Narcotics Addiction / Detox / Medication Addiction / Opioid Addiction / Behavioural Addiction / Porn Addiction / Love Addiction / Sex Addiction / Nicotine Addiction / Marijuana Addiction / Crack Addiction / Pathological Gambling / Shopping Addiction / Heroin Addiction / Cocaine Addiction / Drug Addiction / Alcohol Addiction / Dual Diagnosis / Eating Disorders
- Location United States/ Malibu/ California
- Languages English
- Accommodation Shared Room, Private Room, Private Apartment, Private Villa
- Environment Coastal
- Cost $100’000–200’000/month
- Age Young Adult, Adult
- Approach Non 12 Step, Medical, Holistic, One client at a time, One to One, Group, On-Site Detox, Spiritual
- Method Psychiatric Therapy, Medical Detox, Reflexology, Brain Training, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Biofeedback, Life Coaching, Social competence training & Life Skills, Emotion-focused Therapy (EFT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Systemic Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Yoga, Somatic Experiencing, Psychotherapy, AA/NA Meetings, Sport Activities, Neurofeedback, Music Therapy, Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR), Maditation, Hypnotherapy, Family Therapy, Eye Movement Therapy (EMDR), Equine-Assisted Therapy, Nutritional Coaching, Personal Trainer, Art Therapy, Massage, Acupuncture
- Aftercare Yes
- Amenities Insurance Accepted, Leisure Activities, 24h Concierge, Private Butler, Sauna, Tennis, Theater, Golf, Walking, Airport Transfer, Private Residence, Private Room, Pool, SPA, Private Chef, Fitness Center, Beach Access
- Gender Women & Men