The Priory Group - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Priory Group UK
Priory Group is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of mental health services and behavioral care. Operating with two different divisions, i.e., adult care services, and healthcare, this mental health network aims to empower every individual in their care to build a healthy future. The care teams at the Priory are committed to improving their clients’ health and general well-being through individually tailored programs suiting their unique needs.
Currently, the Priory has more than 300 facilities working from different parts of the UK. The vast expert panel and the network of care teams are equipped to treat more than 70 mental and behavioral conditions through evidence-based treatments.
Types of Treatment Programs at Priory Care
Established in 1980, the very first Priory rehab clinic started working in the area of Roehampton under the supervision of an independent healthcare company. Decades later, it acquired more hospitals leading to the diversification of its services. At present, this network of hospitals offers the following types of treatment programs:
Long-Term Treatment Programs
At Priory, clients are offered a range of long-term treatment programs which can be scaled up or down depending on their issue, its duration, intensity, and the level of support they require. In general, the long-term treatment programs take place at the following levels of care:
- Inpatient or residential treatment program
- Outpatient treatment program
- Daycare program
- Detoxification programs
The exact duration of these programs depends on the unique circumstances of each patient. These programs include evidence-based therapies, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT, and 12-step programs.
The Priory Group has set up its customer service team that is easily approachable 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for those in crisis. The purpose of this team is to signpost those in an acute crisis to the best possible support as soon as possible. The specialist teams in their residential facilities can help stabilize such people through immediate assistance.
Priory Group offers Priory Connect, an online treatment program accessible worldwide for people unable to attend rehab in person. To avail of this service, clients need to download their online application on their mobile phones or laptops and create an account. Once the account is made, they can easily book appointments and attend online therapy and counseling sessions while sitting in the comfort of their home.
Before each appointment, each client is asked a few simple questions, and the information provided is then utilized to assign them a suitable therapist and design a treatment program. Following this, the clients can meet their therapist, discuss their issues, and work on overcoming them. Clients can also access their treatment notes through the online application to keep a record and book follow-up appointments as required.
Priory Central Services: Miscellaneous Features
In addition to the treatment programs mentioned above, clients can expect to find the following services at a Priory mental hospital:
A Broad Range of Wellbeing Activities
In addition to specialist therapy, Priory Group also provides its clients access to different well-being activities as a part of their residential programs. These activities typically include but are not limited to:
- Classes for meditation and relaxation
- Tai Chi, Yoga, and Shiatsu
- Exercise classes
- Community-based activities and trips
These activities help clients focus on their body, mind, and spirit as they embark on a journey towards mental health recovery.
The experts at Priory Care acknowledge the effects of a mental health illness on their client’s family members and loved ones. Consequently, they routinely encourage their clients to involve their families in their treatment as much as possible. Visitors are welcome to meet their loved ones in therapy at the hospital premises. Additionally, the hospital also sends invites to the family members to attend family therapy and support groups.
All Priory hospitals operate in beautiful, well-structured buildings with private grounds for clients to relax. Clients enrolled in inpatient treatment live in their modern en-suite accommodations with peaceful living areas to undertake treatment in privacy and comfort.
The Priory emphasizes the provision of healthy and nutritious meals to its live-in clients for sound physical health. Clients with special dietary needs are also accommodated with specialized diet plans.
Who owns the Priory Group?
Previously owned by Acadia Healthcare, the Priory Group was recently re-bought in 2021 by Waterland Private Equity, a U.S-based behavioral healthcare services provider.
What are the common therapy formats offered at the Priory UK?
In addition to offering various treatment programs, Priorygroup also provides different formats to avail of these services. Depending on your requirements and needs, you may consider choosing any one or more of the following:
- One-on-one therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Couples therapy
- Equine therapy
- Online therapy and assessments
Which issues are commonly treated at the Priory?
The list of issues treated at the Priory Group treats is extensive, and some of its elements include:
- Mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, OCD, PTSD, ADHD, self-harm, autism, and more
- Addictions to cannabis, cocaine, amphetamine, ketamine, alcohol, porn, heroin, sex, and more
- Eating disorders, including bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervous, and binge eating disorder
What are the locations of Priory rehab clinics?
Priory hospitals and wellness centers are spread to different parts of the UK, including London, Manchester, Canterbury, Birmingham, Bristol, Southampton, Aberdeen, Glasgow, and Edinburgh.
What is the rate for treatment through Priory Connect?
Priory Connect is offering its sessions at a discounted rate of £99 for up to 10 sessions. The offer is available until the end of September 2022. This saves a client up to £25 per session and up to £250 on the entire treatment program.
How much does the priory cost for its outpatient services?
The exact cost of outpatient programs depends on the format of service you choose. The breakdown of the rates depending on the type of treatment is mentioned below:
- One-on-one therapy begins from £113 per session
- Group therapy starts from £69 per session
- Assessments by consultant psychiatrist begin from £300
- Follow-ups by consultant psychiatrists begin from £150
- Online therapy is available at the rate of £124 per session and up
Is Priory health care accredited?
The following bodies regulate the Priory Group hospitals:
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Care Inspectorate (Scotland)
- Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW)
- Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW)
- Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA)
- Health Inspectorate Wales (HIW)
- Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)
The Priory Group- Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title The Priory Group
- Treatment Program Addiction / Mental Health / Well-Being / Cocaine Addiction / Alcohol Addiction / Shopping Addiction / Medication Addiction / Sex Addiction / Porn Addiction / Detox / Substance Abuse / Drug Addiction / Trauma & PTSD / Bulimia Nervosa / Anorexia Nervosa / Binge Eating Disorder / Dual Diagnosis / Anxiety Disorders / ADHD / Depression / Anger / Eating Disorders / Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Location Europe/ United Kingdom
- Languages English
- Accommodation Private Room
- Cost $100’000–200’000/month
- Age Adult, Young Adult
- Environment City, Countryside
- Approach One to One, Group, Medical
- Method Eye Movement Therapy (EMDR), Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR), Yoga, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Art Therapy
- Aftercare Yes
- Amenities Pool, Walking, Leisure Activities, Fitness Center
- Gender Women & Men