More About Best Minnesota Rehab Centers
Approximately 786,000 people in Minnesota use illegal drugs, while another 234,000 abuse alcohol. The issue continues to spread rapidly, with substance abuse disorder accounting for 13.66 percent of deaths in Minnesota between 2008 and 2017.
Nevertheless, people continue to avoid seeking treatment for their issues for various reasons. Some do not get help as they are unsure what to expect from MN inpatient treatment centers, while others do not know how to begin the process. Knowing every aspect of treatment can prepare such individuals for recovery so that they are ready for each step and have enough motivation to complete the program for long-term sobriety.
Inpatient Treatment Minnesota: How to Check In
The recovery process for every client begins the moment they check-in. Inside a rehab, they will be interviewed about their addiction and health in general before initiating the treatment program. This interview can be completed over a call or in person, according to the client’s convenience. Once the admissions specialist deems a person fit for admission, they are moved into the detox center, depending on their requirements. Once the process of detox is completed, most rehabs offer behavioral therapy, education sessions, and family therapy to help clients overcome drug and alcohol addiction.
It is common to go through an intake assessment at the beginning of treatment. The purpose of this interview is to find out about clients in general, the nature of their addiction, and their past medical history. It may include one-to-one questions, psychiatric evaluations, and lab testing. Using the results from these tests, a treatment plan is curated to cater to each client’s individual needs.
Detox and Withdrawal at MN Rehab Centers: The First & the Hardest Step
Detoxification is the first and most crucial step in any addiction treatment program. Detoxification refers to removing every last trace of alcohol or a drug from the user’s body until it is deeply cleansed. Detox can be extremely uncomfortable due to the withdrawal symptoms affecting the clients’ mental, physical, and psychological health. These symptoms commonly include:
- Excessive sweating
- Irregular heartbeat
- Depression and anxiety
The most dangerous symptoms are hallucinations, seizures, and fevers that arise in extreme cases of withdrawal. Most rehabs in Minnesota have a specialized detox team that supervises the clients throughout managing and containing these symptoms.
Therapy at a Minnesota Alcohol Treatment Center and Drug Rehab
Therapy commences immediately once the detoxification process has been completed. It comes in various forms, including one-on-one therapy, group therapy, family therapy, couples therapy, and skill-building workshops. Irrespective of the type, all therapies aim to prepare clients for life after treatment.
Some common behavioral and holistic therapies used by a Minnesota rehab center include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Trauma-focused therapy
- Contingency management
- Rational emotive behavior therapy
- Arts and music therapies
- Equine-assisted therapy
Education & Aftercare: What to Expect After Minnesota Rehab?
As a part of treatment, most rehabs in MN arrange educational sessions to teach their clients about addiction and prepare them for returning to everyday life outside the facility. This transition from rehab life to post-rehab life can be bumpy for many; however, this path to recovery can be smoothened and maintained with proper support and preparation.
During these educational sessions, experts provide clients with all resources available in the community to support their post-treatment recovery. These resources commonly include support groups like Alcohol Anonymous and also familiarize the clients with motivational and coping strategies when relapse occurs.
During residential treatment, experts also dedicate a few weekly sessions to teaching clients tools to avoid typical situations that may trigger cravings for alcohol or drugs. Moreover, clients are also encouraged to acquire strategies for developing strong social networks that can help them continue living a sober life for years to come.
Many rehabs in Minnesota also keep in touch with their program graduates, i.e., clients who have completed treatment in their facilities. These graduates are often encouraged to work together in the form of alumni programs to foster the continued support network for sustained recovery.
When should I consider joining a Minnesota rehab center for addiction?
Sometimes, it can be difficult to tell if you have an underlying addiction that requires professional intervention. However, according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, you may benefit from detox centers in MN if:
- You take the substance for longer durations or in larger quantities than intended initially
- You experience strong urges or cravings to use the substance all the time
- You spend a significant amount of time acquiring the substance, using it, or recovering from its effects
- You fail to fulfill your obligations at work, school, or home due to substance use
- You have quit all activities that you previously enjoyed just to invest more time in abusing the substance
- You continue to abuse the substance despite recognizing its dangerous effects on life
- You have attempted to quit taking the substance but to no avail
- You suffer withdrawal symptoms if you do not get your dose in time
How can I choose the best residential treatment centers MN?
Among hundreds of rehabs in Minnesota, look for the one that:
- Offers quality therapeutic relationships. This means that its team members can form beneficial and trusting relationships with you as a client to achieve long-term recovery.
- Promises a high level of client engagement. A treatment center that prioritizes client engagement a priority is more likely to retain them in recovery programs and increase positive outcomes. Remember that client engagement typically includes developing a long-term care plan and individual goal setting.
- Constantly monitors the treatment plan. A rehab that keeps track of how a treatment plan affects the individual and whether or not it is producing any outcomes can guarantee a higher level of success and faster recovery.
- Offers an aftercare plan. A quality rehab effectively creates a discharge plan for long-term care and sobriety.
What are the benefits of inpatient alcohol treatment MN?
Many experts believe that severe cases of alcoholism are treated the best in an inpatient rehab center. The primary reason for choosing this treatment program is its ability to remove you from an environment full of triggers. Even if you do not keep alcohol in your house, it is readily available everywhere and can be a constant temptation as you recover.
Staying in Minnesota inpatient treatment centers allows you to live in an environment where you can quickly get all the mental and medical support while staying away from triggers. The treatment takes place in a private facility away from the judgments of others as well as otherworldly responsibilities. This gives you a chance to focus solely on healing without any distractors.
How long do I have to stay in an inpatient Minnesota rehab center?
The length and pace of treatment at a Minnesota alcohol rehab and drug addiction center can vary based on your specific situation, addiction severity, and clinical milestones. If you are facing complex recovery issues, your care team may suggest a more extended treatment plan lasting up to 90 days to address all particular concerns, mental health complications, and risks of relapse.