Monte Nido Glen Cove - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Monte Nido Glen Cove is an eating disorder treatment rehab working in a peaceful neighborhood of Long Island. As one of New York’s first residential eating disorders treatment facilities, it accepts adult individuals of all genders and provides them with the care they deserve. Clients can then step down to one of the lesser intensive programs offered at other branches of the rehab for continued support.
The Joint-Commission accredited programs at Mone Nido rehab provide all clients with various group therapies, meal support, medical and psychiatric oversight, and nutrition education. Patients continue to work under the supervision of trained experts to adopt healthier moods, behaviors, movements, relationships, and weight goals while gaining increased responsibility and freedom to handle recovery challenges. The tools and skills they learn at Monte Nido New York help them fully recover and maintain this newfound recovery for years.
Treatment Approach At Monte Nido Glen Cove
The trusted treatment approach at Monte Nido NY primarily focuses on restoring the nutritional and physiological balance while implementing healthy exercise and eating routines. At the same time, it also focuses on eliminating harmful behaviors while encouraging the patients to develop high treatment engagement and motivation. Every treatment plan at this rehab aims to help each client understand their underlying disorder and identify how it affects their life.
The highly-experienced and trained staff members at Monte Nido can help patients:
- Make use of evidence-based therapies, such as motivations enhancement therapy, cognitive processing therapy, interpersonal therapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy, to address co-occurring trauma and substance use patterns
- Work on stopping restrictive food behaviors while eliminating other disordered practices related to eating
- Accept and change patterns that may be complicating their recovery with the help of family members and loved ones
- Understand that their body- and food-related behaviors connect with their feelings and develop a way to express their emotions healthily
- Recognize and address all underlying causes fueling their eating disorders
- Accepting their natural shape and size and working on their self-image
- Healing the relationship with food while acquiring a clearer understanding of disordered attitudes, behaviors, and thinking
Levels of Care at Monte Nido Glen Cove
Monte Nido Manhattan and Glen Cove currently offer the following treatment programs to their clients:
Residential treatment is the highest level of care at Monte Nido, which involves care and support from a team of highly supportive and trained staff members. The team of staff is willing to work with people of all ages and genders to help them understand their disorder, gain abstinence from unhealthy relationships with food, and overcome any psychological issues that complicate recovery. The residential program also incorporates state-of-the-art treatment through nutrition education, group therapy modalities, mindfulness s training, psychotherapeutic support, and psychiatric care.
As a part of the residential care, all clients work on their mood, behavior, weight goals, and relationships with food as they slowly gain freedom and responsibility to maintain their recovery and handle challenges. Mentioned below are some components of the highly individualized treatment delivered by Monte Nido:
- High levels of psychiatric and medical care
- 24-hour nursing care
- A homely and comfortable treatment setting
- Utilization of motivational enhancement approaches to support behavior change
- Using Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) to address co-occurring issues, such as PTSD
- Provision of care and support to patients to seamlessly continue their recovery efforts through different levels of care
- Emphasis on skills development through evidence-based modalities, like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Emphasis on managing co-occurring substance use disorders
- Nutritional programming tailored to meet varying nutritional needs
- A high staff-to-client ratio to provide individual-focused care
- Comprehensive discharge planning to help patients maintain recovery for a long time
Virtual Day Treatments
The virtual day treatments at Monte Nido for eating disorders and other co-existing issues are available to adolescents and adults of all genders. These services use HIPAA-compliant platforms to reach people in thirty different states across the United States. They are appropriate for those who do not require intensive inpatient care and support. The following are the features of virtual day treatments at this rehab:
- Partial hospitalization programming is available six days a week
- Intensive inpatient programming runs four days a week
- Individual, psychiatric, and dietary sessions online
- Specifically-designed programs to target client needs
- Regular group therapy to establish and solidify all other components of treatment
- Use of cognitive processing therapy (CPT) to address trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) co-occurring in patients
- Special treatment groups for teens, LGBT communities, and people with binge eating and co-occurring disorders
- Family therapy, including multi-family groups and individual family sessions
- Use of evidence-based treatments, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), to develop skills in patients
- Nutritional programming to ensure that the dietary intake of all patients is successfully met
To participate in virtual day treatments, a client must reside in a state where the rehab is licensed to offer their services.
What can I expect at Monte Nido?
The gender-affirming care at Monte Nido follows the Health-at-Every-Size (HAES) approach, which aims to help patients achieve the following:
- An ability to request and access more food for satiety or nourishment during the day
- Recognition that healthy people come in all sizes and shapes
- Accessibility and openness of foods and kitchens to all patients in a homelike setting
- Admittance that all bodies, regardless of their shapes and sizes, deserve to receive nourishment and experience satiety
- Improvement in their underlying eating disorders through a behavior-focused philosophy instead of a weight-focused approach
- A firm belief that weight loss attempts are not necessary to recover from an eating disorder of any type
Does Monte Nido pay attention to any financial considerations?
Monte Nido aims to make eating disorder treatment as accessible as possible. Hence, the rehab team is willing to work with families who cannot afford treatment. The treatment facility is in-network with many insurance providers and can even coordinate single-case agreements with them if they are not in-network with a client’s insurance company. The rehab also has a dedicated ‘financial considerations’ page on its online website for more information. Monte Nido also provides a chance to receive treatment and care at discounted prices and even for free to people from New York as long as they meet the eligibility requirement. Interested individuals can send an email to the official email address to inquire more about eligibility.
How can I get into Monte Nido Glen Cove?
The admission process at Glen Cove is relatively simple and without any complexities. It begins the minute an individual makes the initial contact via phone or email. Someone from the admissions team gets backs to them to gather information about their underlying issue. During this discussion, patients can discuss their needs and inform the admission specialist what they wish to accomplish under the rehab’s care. Next, the admissions specialist coordinates with the patient’s insurance company to verify their benefits and discuss the financial arrangements. Once the payment plan is in order, the specialist will set an admission date and determine the program’s location that best meets a client’s needs.
What do Monte Nido Glen Cove reviews say?
Monte Nido has received mixed reviews from people who have joined it to seek treatment for their eating disorders. Many have regarded it as a good rehab that pays attention to their dietary needs and requirements and has a good staff team. Others have pointed out that their food could be more pleasant and the staff could be more welcoming and indifferent to their needs.
Monte Nido Glen Cove- Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title Monte Nido Glen Cove
- Treatment Program Mental Health / Substance Abuse / Eating Disorders / Trauma & PTSD / Bulimia Nervosa / Anorexia Nervosa / Binge Eating Disorder / Dual Diagnosis
- Location United States/ New York
- Languages English
- Accommodation Shared Room, Private Room
- Environment Countryside
- Age Adult
- Approach Holistic, One to One, Group
- Method Nutritional Coaching, Family Therapy, Psychiatric Therapy, Yoga, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Aftercare Yes
- Amenities Private Room, Private Residence, Walking, Leisure Activities
- Gender Women & Men