Timberline Knolls - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Timberline Knolls is a mental health treatment center catering to young girls and women struggling with eating disorders, mental illness, trauma, and addiction. The rehab offers individualized treatment to meet the needs of all patients and make a real difference through uncompromising care, unconditional joyful spirit, and relentless compassion. Timberline Knolls’s mission is to provide innovative care solutions to help all patients become emotionally strong, socially resilient, and personally responsible. The expert team at the treatment center is fully committed to maintaining a nurturing and safe environment where each girl and woman can highly benefit from a special individualized treatment program provided by trained professionals.
At Timberline Knolls, the vision with which the staff members work is quite clear: to promote the rehab as a center of excellence in integrated, holistic services catering to women and young girls. The continued success of the rehab is because it develops and provides evidence-based, outcome-supported educational and clinical services. Experts at Timberline Knolls believe that every woman and girl needs treatment of the highest quality in a safe and supportive environment that helps them take charge of their recovery journey and life.
Treatment Programs at Timberline Knolls
Timberline Knolls Chicago offers age-appropriate, individualized programs for women and girls who suffer from trauma, eating disorders, mood disorders, substance use disorders, and other mental health issues. Regardless of the type of program they choose, each patient benefits from support in an inclusive and safe environment.
Timberline Knolls residential center offers in-patient care to patients through individualized programs. Following are some of the elements offered as a part of these residential programs:
- Detoxification: Non-medical ambulatory program for women with substance use disorder
- Medication Management Services: Administration of medications by expert nursing staff members
- Group Therapy: Multiple group sessions, including process and psychoeducational groups, under expert supervision
- Individual Therapy: Two weekly sessions in a one-to-one setting with a licensed therapist
- Meal Support: Dietary consultations and support during mealtimes and snacking
- Experiential Therapy: Examples include art therapy, yoga, movement or dance therapy, supervised outings, and recreational therapy
- Basic Medical Care: Non-invasive interventions to promote support and stability by a medical doctor and nurse practitioner
- Family Therapy: Weekly sessions with loved ones led by licensed experts
To make sure that each patient at Timberline Knolls receives age-appropriate, focused treatment, the residential services take place in six different lodges. This unique lodge format allows the rehab to conduct therapy in a supportive and safe environment where girls and women can receive care alongside people within the same age group and fighting similar issues and challenges. These lodges also support the development of positive peer groups and help patients form positive connections. These skills help them establish and cherish healthy interpersonal relationships later in life.
Most adult women stay in residential treatment for up to 33 days, whereas for girls, the treatment may extend to around 40 days. Throughout the time spent in residential rehab, each client is encouraged to collaborate with the members of their treatment team and empower themselves to advocate on their behalf to take ownership of their recovery.
Partial Hospitalization Program
In addition to residential treatment, Timberline Knolls Chicago provides partial hospitalization programs (PHP) for adult women and an on-campus housing facility. Most patients joining a PHP are stepping down in treatment after completing the residential program. However, the rehab also accepts patients directly into PHP if deemed appropriate.
As a part of partial hospitalization programs, patients have the option to take part in therapy and programming for five or seven days a week, depending on how intensive they want it to be. The specific details of these programs may differ for each woman, depending on her circumstances, the severity of the underlying mental health issues, etc. Mentioned below are some elements of care included in the daylong programming of a PHP.
- Basic Medical Care: Accessed on a need basis
- Group Therapy: Multiple daily sessions
- Medication Management: A meeting with a psychiatrist per week for assessment
- Individual Therapy: Two weekly sessions in a one-to-one setting with a therapist
- Family Therapy: One or more sessions per week depending on individual need
- Experiential Therapy: Varying types of therapy depending on the need
The usual length of stay in a PHP is between two to three weeks but can extend depending on circumstances.
TK Academy provides educational support services to ensure adolescent girls continue to make appropriate academic progress as they seek treatment in a residential program. The academy includes multiple staff members and certified teachers with expertise in English, social studies, science, and math. Each member has vast experience working with students at different learning levels, from middle school to high school. These compassionate professionals are committed to helping young girls who have been experiencing issues such as disorganization, school refusals, perfectionism, and social anxiety.
Patients at Timberline Knolls remain enrolled in their home school district during residential treatment. TK Academy collaborates with these schools to ensure that each client receives personalized, superior educational services that reflect her continued recovery.
Each girl or woman who successfully completes treatment at Timberline Knolls residential treatment center gets an in-depth discharge plan that guides her continued progress. Moreover, she also becomes eligible to be a part of the rehab’s alumnae program that provides the following services:
- Annual alumnae retreat
- Private Facebook page
- One year of free aftercare support
- Monthly alumnae night
- Supportive connections with the nationwide network of TK alumnae
In general, each client gets into a meeting with the alumni coordinator prior to their discharge who introduces them to the many benefits they can receive by enrolling in this program.
What are the criteria for admission at Timberline Knolls?
To ensure that Timberline Knolls is the best place for a patient to recover, the staff team closely follows pre-set admissions criteria. To assess if a woman or girl matches the criteria, the team thoroughly assesses their unique goals and needs. In general, the residential program at Timberline Knolls can be ideal for someone who meets the following conditions:
- Aged 12 years or older
- Can benefit from 24/7 supervised care to achieve stabilization
- Struggling with a substance use disorder, mental health disorder, trauma, or eating disorder
Who will be included in my treatment team?
The treatment team providing residential services at Timberline Knolls is multidisciplinary and includes the following professionals:
- Licensed social workers (LSWs)
- Medical doctors
- Master’s-level social workers (MSWs)
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs)
- Behavioral health associates (BHAs)
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs)
- Christian therapists
- Certified alcohol and drug counselors (CADCs)
- Licensed clinical professional counselors (LCPCs)
- Yoga therapists
- Registered dietitians (RDs)
- Art therapists
- Registered nurses (RNs)
- Licensed dietitian nutritionists (LDNs)
- Licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
- Dance/movement therapists
What is Timberline Knolls cost of treatment?
The cost of treatment at Timberline Knolls varies depending on the severity of the presenting complaints, the level of care required, and the estimated duration of treatment. Interested individuals can directly speak with one of the experts at the rehab, who will assess their situation and guide them about the estimated treatment costs.
What are Timberline Knolls reviews like?
Online reviews about Timberline Knolls are mixed with positive and negative testimonials. Some clients who sought help from this facility consider it a great place to heal with supportive staff members and a therapeutic environment. Others have mentioned how the facility did not provide them with what it promised, delayed their medication, and worsened their issues.
Who are some Timberline Knolls celebrities?
Timberline Knolls is famous for hosting and supporting celebrities like Demi Lovato and Kesha.
Timberline Knolls - Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title Timberline Knolls
- Treatment Program Mental Health / Self Harm / Addiction / Medication Addiction / Substance Abuse / Prescription Drug Addiction / Meth Addiction / Detox / Alcohol Addiction / Opioid Addiction / Marijuana Addiction / Heroin Addiction / Cocaine Addiction / Drug Addiction / Trauma & PTSD / Anorexia Nervosa / Eating Disorders / Depression / Dual Diagnosis / Anxiety Disorders / Personality Disorder / Mood Disorder / ADHD / Bipolar
- Location United States
- Languages English
- Accommodation Shared Room, Private Room
- Environment Lake
- Age Young Adult, Adult
- Approach 12 Step, Holistic, One to One, Group
- Method Art Therapy, Eye Movement Therapy (EMDR), Family Therapy, Maditation, Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR), Music Therapy, Sport Activities, Psychiatric Therapy, Psychotherapy, Yoga, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Amenities Private Chef, Private Room, Private Residence, Insurance Accepted, Walking, Theater, Private Butler, Leisure Activities
- Gender Women only