High Watch Recovery - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Established in 1939, High Watch Recovery proudly is the world’s first 12-Step treatment center providing help to those struggling with addictions. It has been leading thousands of individuals away from the grip of alcohol and drug addiction toward recovery.
Read Also About Sandstone Recovery Programs
Covering 300 acres of wooded land in Connecticut, High Watch Recovery Center currently operates as a residential facility providing state-of-the-art treatment for all drug and alcohol addictions and co-occurring disorders. It routinely integrates the latest breakthroughs in addiction medicine with the conventional spiritual teachings of the 12-Step approach to make a recovery achievable.
Services Offered by High Watch Recovery
High Watch Recovery treatment center currently extends the following services to its clients:
The unique residential services at High Watch Recovery combine all the latest treatments in the field of addiction with the time-tested methodologies of the 12-step interventions to provide the best outcomes to its clients. Everyone who enrolls in this treatment program can receive the following benefits:
- A detailed biopsychosocial evaluation helps experts create an individualized addiction recovery plan. This plan includes a therapist conducting weekly one-on-one and group sessions, along with biological interventions to balance neurotransmitters and repair brain connections.
- Licensed clinicians included in the residential program diagnose and manage any co-occurring mental health disorders while treating the primary addiction.
- Each patient works with a 12-Step coach in individual sessions to learn more about how to use the 12-Step program to eliminate chronic addiction.
Extended Care Program
Once a client has been at Highwatch rehab for 45 days, they may apply to enter their Extended Care Program. The program has limited spaces; hence, only a few clients can enter it after being reviewed by the clinical staff members. Once chosen, each resident gets two months of charity care, where they enjoy all the program benefits. They also get minor responsibilities to maintain a sense of accountability, such as keeping dorms clean or marking attendance at different meetings. According to the rehab team, up to 95 percent of people who enter Extended Care Programs complete it and leave the rehab feeling more confident about recovery.
Online Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Given the need for social distancing and mandatory quarantines, High Watch Recoveryintroduced virtual services to its clients for achieving recovery in an intensive outpatient setting. These flexible services are available to people across the United States in two sessions, one in the morning and the other in the evening. The IOP includes three group sessions every week, each lasting three hours. The minimum duration of an IOP is six weeks, and it may continue beyond this date as per individual preferences. As a part of an IOP, all clients get a chance to avail of therapeutic services three days a week for three hours per session. In these sessions, they learn more about their addiction and acquire new coping skills to manage it more effectively. As a part of these virtual programs, many clients get access to HighwatchAA meetings to make a recovery easier and longer lasting.
Some common goals of an IOP include the following:
- Acquiring newer, healthier coping strategies
- Learning relapse management in the early stages
- Addressing issues related to psychological, social, and emotional well-being
- Establishing or re-establishing psychosocial supports
Continuum of Care
High Watch Recovery provides a chance to continue ongoing care at HOPE house farm, a facility spread over 100 acres of land with horse stalls, sheep pastures, and lush green gardens. This facility’s residents actively manufacture beeswax, honey, and other honey-based products, along with fresh produce, wool, and eggs. The farm also features the famous equine therapy program for clients to attend. All extended guests and those attending IOP programs at the rehab are welcome to participate in different challenging projects in the HOPE house garden. Here, they can explore different products they can make from locally-grown crops, such as spices, teas, and dried herbs. The program provides an excellent opportunity for all guests to have a sense of purpose and use it to achieve recovery. Participation in these activities also allows them to build confidence and establish high self-esteem and self-worth.
What are accommodations like at High Watch Recovery?
The 200-acre wooded campus of High Watch Recovery has been offering the perfect environment for clients to live and rehabilitate from alcohol and drug dependence for more than 70 years. Known as the Farm, the accommodation now resembles a country bed and breakfast. Clients can tour the rooms and have a look at them closely. All accommodations are clean and beautiful, offering a pleasant experience to all residents.
Does High Watch Recovery offer equine-assisted therapy?
All guests can undertake equine-assisted therapy, which consists of four weekly sessions, each lasting three hours. The program runs for two weeks and includes both individual and group sessions. It features an experiential learning process that includes direct activities with horses to promote mental and physical health. Equine-assisted therapy aims to help clients acquire the necessary skills to become emotionally agile.
Which High Watch Recovery Center Insurance plans are accepted?
High Watch Recovery works with a number of insurance providers to help clients pay for treatment. Some of these providers include:
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- GHI of New York
- Empire BCBS
- Health Partners
- Select Health
If your insurance provider is not listed above, call the rehab team directly to get more information.
What are the requirements for admission to Highwatch rehab?
A person must be at least 18 years or older to join the High Watch Recovery Center. They will undergo a health screening, a detailed review of all current medications, and an entire history-taking session to understand their problem.
What can I expect upon admission to High Watch Kent CT?
Upon admission, the medical staff meets with all potential clients to identify any issue of an emergency nature that may require urgent attention. Moreover, all clients undergo complete psychiatric and physical evaluations for potential disorders, including a review of interpersonal dynamics, family, and current environmental stressors. Using this information, experts will devise a health plan that best treats addiction and other co-occurring disorders. Each client gets bi-weekly counseling sessions that provide them with tools to live soberly even after leaving High Watch Recovery.
High Watch Recovery- Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title High Watch Recovery
- Treatment Program Addiction / Mental Health / Well-Being / Wellness Centers / Alcohol Addiction / Drug Addiction / Detox / Substance Abuse / Anxiety Disorders / Depression / Dual Diagnosis / Bipolar
- Location United States
- Languages English
- Accommodation Private Room
- Environment Countryside
- Age Adult
- Approach 12 Step, Medical, Holistic, One to One, Group, On-Site Detox
- Method AA/NA Meetings, Nutritional Coaching, Equine-Assisted Therapy, Eye Movement Therapy (EMDR), Family Therapy, Maditation, Sport Activities, Psychiatric Therapy, Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, Yoga, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Social competence training & Life Skills, Medical Detox
- Aftercare Yes
- Amenities Fitness Center, Private Room, Private Residence, Insurance Accepted, Walking, 24h Concierge
- Gender Women & Men