Hampstead Hospital - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Hampstead Hospital is a specialty hospital accredited by the State of NH, providing substance-related disorders and acute psychiatric care to children, adolescents, and young adults. The facility is run by a team of experts that understands how stressful it can be for individuals and their families struggling with addiction and mental health disorders. At Hampstead, the goal is to help everyone get the help they need in time. The primary aim of hospitalization at this facility is to stabilize all patients when they are going through the most challenging behavioral, psychiatric, or substance abuse-related disorders while facilitating a quick return to their pre-hospital living conditions.
Hampstead Hospital currently runs from a beautiful campus based in southern New Hampshire and can provide the perfect place for patients to kickstart their healing process. The campus spreads to 100 acres of landscaped grounds, woodlands, and rolling hills and is at less than an hour from the Seacoast and Boston. The facility currently accepts admissions to its acute psychiatric care unit 24 hours a day, throughout the week. All clients undergo in-depth psychiatric evaluations on-site before beginning treatment and complete insurance checks to ensure that they can afford treatment.
Children & Adolescent Programs at Hampsted Hospital
Hampstead primarily offers the following two programs to children and adolescents, which may include additional modules and components:
Acute Psychiatric Care
The acute psychiatric care unit at Hampstead Hospital & Residential Treatment Facility includes 23 beds situated in a secure inpatient facility providing stabilization services to individuals between the ages of 10 to 18 years. The team caters to and manages various mental health challenges, including suicidal ideation, anxious distress, intent to harm, depressive symptoms, neurodevelopmental disorders, and dysregulated behaviors. Many patients that join this program also struggle with disruptive behaviors and anger management issues at school and home.
Acute psychiatric programs aim to provide a therapeutic and safe environment to patients while working side by side with their families to develop and deliver a comprehensive treatment plan. The rehab team believes that a safe environment, a consistent treatment approach, and constant behavioral monitoring are essential when working with young individuals in crisis. For this purpose, the rehab provides group programming to help clients build skills that may have taken a hit due to their ongoing mental health issues. These group therapies focus on many aspects, such as the following:
- Anger Management
- Safety Planning
- Stress Management
- Identifying and Practicing Positive Coping Skills
- Healthy Boundaries
Additional activities are available throughout the day for patients to help them engage in positive peer interactions, improve problem-solving skills, and build self-esteem. Some examples of these therapies include cooperative games, positive self-care, and exercise.
These programs are available at the intensive behavioral unit, which includes 16 beds and harbors a secure inpatient environment aiming to stabilize children and adolescents between the ages of 3 to 18 years. The common diagnoses that the program treats include reactive attachment disorder, ADHD, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other mood disorders. Many patients who join these programs are on the Autism spectrum, exhibiting behaviors such as self-injury, severe aggression, or property destruction.
As part of the intensive behavior support program, the rehab provides board-certified behavior analysts who identify any behaviors of concern and tract and interpret them to develop future treatment recommendations. These experts also meet with families to discuss interventions they can use at home to keep their loved ones stable, healthy, and happy. The program specifically focuses on parent training as an important part of their treatment as it is crucial for a child’s safe return home. Hampstead also collaborates with community-based providers, schools, and state agencies where needed to ensure that their patients continue receiving the care they need once they leave rehab.
Young Adult Programs at Hampstead Hospital
Young adults programs at this facility include the following:
The primary goal of a psychiatric program for young adults is to:
- Ensure a supportive and safe therapeutic environment to assist patients in stabilizing themselves and start working on a safety plan
- Encourage loved ones to participate in treatment while focusing on education and aftercare planning
- Work intensively with all patients to achieve their treatment plans and ensure a quick return to the community
The common components of this program include education, assessment, group therapy, medication therapy, family education and support, and aftercare planning. Following are a few things to expect if your loved one is about to enroll in this program:
- Psychiatrists, nursing staff, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and social workers join hands to educate the patients and their families regarding mental illness and management throughout the treatment duration.
- The team uses group therapy to provide a structured program throughout the week. It begins during the early hours of the morning and ends in the evening. This includes daily therapeutic groups providing various treatment strategies which are solution-focused and educational.
- Patients regularly meet with their providers and go over their treatment plans to check if it requires any amendments or updates.
- The program uses various therapies, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and solution-focused strategies.
- Partial hospitalization services may also be available for people who have completed inpatient services and can benefit from structured outpatient treatment as a step-down.
Substance-Related Disorders Program
Substance disorder programs at Hampstead Hospital allow clients to safely undergo and complete a medically-supervised withdrawal from the substance abuse while developing a recovery plan to support long-term healing. The following are the features of this program:
- The facility has a 15-bed inpatient unit that supports young adults undergoing medically-supervised detox programs from opioids, alcohol, and benzodiazepines. It includes medications ordered by providers and administered by trained nurses. All clients remain under constant monitoring throughout the program.
- Social workers remain in contact with patients and their families throughout the program to plan an aftercare program that can support ongoing recovery.
- Throughout the duration of detox, Hampstead offers highly-structured programs throughout the week to help clients learn more about addiction and recovery while supporting them to learn new, healthier coping strategies to minimize relapse prevention. Individuals also get to know about 12-step recovery groups and identify sources in the community to help them lead a sober life.
Family involvement remains a crucial part of hospitalization at Hampstead Hospital. The rehab runs an initial assessment to identify the nature of a client’s problems and ongoing issues, their effects on their families, and the goals for treatment. Following this, the treatment team closely works with family members to identify a patient’s aftercare needs. Social workers communicate with the patient, family members, and outpatient teams to determine the aftercare services while maintaining a successful transition upon discharge.
Who will be on the treatment team at Hampstead Hospital?
The interdisciplinary team at Hampstead Hospital includes the following experts:
- Board Certified Psychiatrists
- Masters Level Social Workers
- Licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- Psychiatric Nurses
- Mental Health Aides
- Psychiatric Mental Health Counselors
- Substance Abuse Counselors
What levels of care and services are available at Hampstead NH mental hospital?
The Hampstead psychiatric hospital specializes in acute, intensive, and inpatient treatment of patients struggling with complex and severe mental health presentations. The psychiatric and substance-related treatment programs for children, adolescents, and young adults at this facility include the following:
- Inpatient medically-assisted withdrawal
- Inpatient hospitalization
- Partial hospitalization
Will patients get high-quality care at Hampstead Hospital?
Hampstead New Hampshire Mental Hospital’s expert team considers delivering high-quality health services in a safe and compassionate environment its top priority. To achieve this goal, the rehab regularly collects and reviews safety and quality measures related to its services to ensure that all services meet the accreditation and regulatory requirements. Moreover, it constantly measures up to other behavioral facilities and serves the needs of its patients and their families. All patients and their families receive a satisfaction survey before their discharge as a way for Hampstead to maintain and track its service quality. The rehab also encourages all patients and their loved ones to complete these surveys and return them before leaving so that their valuable input can be utilized to improve the overall treatment experience.
What do Hampstead Hospital reviews say?
Most reviews about Hampstead Hospital are positive, highlighting it as a high-quality facility that caters to the needs of its client pool effectively and efficiently through evidence-based services and programs.
Hampstead Hospital - Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title Hampstead Hospital