Skyland Trail Atlanta - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Nestled in Atlanta, Skyland Trail is a non-profit mental health treatment organization working to address the common psychiatric concerns of adults and adolescents. As a nationally-recognized rehabilitation center, it harbors its voluntary treatment community of clients that constantly strives to find newer ways of lifting the limitations of their mental health issues. Each staff member at Skyland Trail is fully committed to the patients and encourages them to commit to their treatment approach.
Read Also About Evolutions Treatment Center
Skyland Trail Atlanta treats each client individually by tailoring the approach to their concerns and requirements. It follows a holistic treatment model that uses various strategies to help clients improve their physical wellness, mental health, and relationships with family and friends. In addition to the provision of evidence-based care, the treatment team also offers music, art, and recreational therapies along with regular family therapy and education sessions. The vocational services at Skyland for adults and the academic services for adolescents prepare the clients to return to school or workplaces and make decisions that support their mental health and a good life.
Levels of Treatment at Skyland Trail Atlanta
Currently, Skyland Trail Atlanta offers its clients the following three levels of treatment.
Residential treatment is the most intensive level of care the rehab offers for clients with severe mental issues. Each client has access to licensed nurses and residential staff members onsite 24/7 for their assistance and support. The residential treatment unit at Skyland Trail provides clients with enough space, time, and support to recover from their underlying mental illness while acquiring skills to practice recovery in the long run. All facilities under this rehab are unlocked, come with private bedrooms and bathrooms, and include extensive gardens where residents can engage in social activities. These residential facilities also hold accreditation by The Joint Commission and a license from the State of Georgia.
Mental health day treatment programs at Skyland Trail provide clients with a therapeutic experience, typically more intensive than a regular outpatient program. At this level of care, every client receives a comprehensive psychological and psychiatric assessment, and their results are used to clarify their diagnoses, strengths, and challenges. A multidisciplinary team looks at each client, which includes experienced psychiatrists and therapists.
Wellness clinics at Skyland Trail Atlanta function on an outpatient basis and include medical professionals with expertise in managing each client’s physical and mental health. The primary medical team at these wellness clinics also collaborates with referring providers and patients to make sure that they deliver informed and compassionate care in a respectful environment.
Some common areas that a wellness clinic focuses on include the following:
- Medical histories and physical exams
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation for depression treatment
- Medical clearance for admission to a treatment program
- Administration of long-acting injectables
- Comprehensive laboratory screenings, including nutritional state checks and screenings for co-occurring medical diseases
- Genetic testing
- Addressing physical side effects of medications
- Assessment for and management of the cardiometabolic syndrome
- Management of chronic diseases, such as high blood pressure and diabetes
- Drug screenings, as requested by a psychiatrist
- Nicotine cessation programs
What are the admission criteria for adults at Skyland Trail Atlanta?
All individuals of ages 18 and above can seek treatment from Skyland Behavioral Health Center if they are:
- Willing to take the medications prescribed to them
- Diagnosed with one of the following issues: depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, anxiety disorders, or dual diagnoses
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to admission with proof of vaccination
- Fully vaccinated with the seasonal flu shot, or are willing to get it on the rehab premises
Who cannot get admission to Skyland rehab?
At the moment, Skyland Trail does not accept applicants with one or more of the following symptoms or diagnoses:
- Significant cognitive impairment, for example, due to an intellectual disability, Alzheimer’s disease, or dementia
- Substance use disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, autism spectrum disorder, eating disorder, or some personality disorders as the primary diagnosis
- Substance addiction that requires detoxification
- Recent aggressive or violent behavior
- Homicidal or suicidal behaviors require round-the-clock supervision or a locked facility.
- Current eating disorder behavior
Can I smoke at Skyland Trail Atlanta?
Skyland Trail Atlanta is a nicotine-free campus that prohibits the use of all types of nicotine products, including vapes and cigarettes. Clients who are addicted to nicotine in any form at the time of addiction can enroll in a nicotine cessation program as they continue seeking treatment for their primary complaints. They will also have access to educational sessions, mindfulness group, and peer support to help them quit smoking and may use nicotine replacement products to make the process eaiser.
Who can join Skyland Trail Atlanta’s adolescent program?
Anyone who wishes to join the adolescent program must be:
- Aged between 14 to 17 years
- Diagnosed with at least one or more of the following: anxiety disorders, major depressive disorder, and bipolar disorder
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before admission with valid proof of vaccination
- Vaccinated with the seasonal flu shot
- Having a supportive family who is willing to positively participate in the treatment program
- Teen clients and their families must be willing to positively participate in the treatment program. Clients should also meet these criteria.
What is the cost of adult residential treatment programs at Skyland Trail?
A 30-day long treatment course in a residential facility at Skyland Trail Atlanta costs around $33,000. Most individuals typically spend up to two months at this level of care before transitioning down to a lesser intensive treatment program. Fortunately, the cost of residential treatment is covered by several insurance providers, such as Cigna, Optum, TRICARE East, Humana Military, Oscar Health, United Behavioral Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Magellan, Beacon, and Aetna.
How expensive is day treatment at Skyland Behavioral Health Center and does insurance cover it?
The cost for a 20-day-long stay-in day treatment at Skyland is $12,000 whereas an intensive outpatient program of the same duration costs $8,000. Both types of non-residential treatment programs are in-network with many insurance plans, such as Beacon, Aetna, TRICARE East, Humana Military, Optum, Magellan, United Behavioral Health, and Oscar Health.
What do Skyland Trail patient reviews say?
Most Skyland Trail reviews suggest it as a good treatment center that has helped both adolescents and adults alike in their journey toward sound mental health. The campus has been regarded as comfortable and beautiful and most people believe that the staff members are courteous, supportive, and friendly.
Skyland Trail Atlanta- Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title SkyLand Trail
- Brand color
- Treatment Program Mental Health / Well-Being / Anxiety Disorders / Depression / Dual Diagnosis / Bipolar / Schizophrenia
- Location United States/ Georgia
- Languages English
- Accommodation Private Room
- Cost $20'000-50'000/month
- Age Underage, Young Adult, Adult
- Environment City
- Approach Holistic, One to One, Group
- Method Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Art Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Nutritional Coaching, Social competence training & Life Skills, Family Therapy, Maditation, Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR), Music Therapy, Sport Activities, Psychiatric Therapy, Psychotherapy, Yoga
- Aftercare Yes
- Amenities Fitness Center, Private Residence, Insurance Accepted, Walking, Leisure Activities
- Gender Women & Men