McLean Hospital - TREATMENT REVIEWS
McLean Hospital has constantly been ranked among the top U.S. hospitals for a long time. The mental health facility offers a multidisciplinary team that recognizes the importance of pairing with patients and their families to treat their underlying mental health conditions successfully. The staff members and clinicians do not shy away from working with patients to curate customized treatment plans focusing on their recovery while equipping them with the skills necessary to live meaningful lives.
Due to a vast experience and an advanced skill set, no case is completed for experts that McLean Hospital Boston provides. The clinicians at this treatment center also specialize in caring for individuals with more than one diagnosis, including anxiety, depression, and other conditions. The psychiatric hospital also aims to set all of its patients on a path to recovery in the clearest and simplest way to ensure success.
Services Available at McLean Psychiatric Hospital
At present, McLean mental hospital provides the following services on the basis of a patient’s age:
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Treatment
Treatment at McLean Hospital Belmont, MA, also focuses on children and adolescents in the form of specialized programs that cater to individuals between the ages of 3 to 19 years. These services help children fight anxiety, depression, addiction, bipolar disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). As claimed by the facility, it has one of the best teams for managing OCD and other personality disorders in kids and teens.
The treatment options for children at McLean Hospital range from intensive outpatient programs and acute crisis management to day programs. Each of these programs helps young individuals and their families cope with their psychiatric issues and the associated challenges. The state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment facilities at McLean are tailored to each client’s needs and help them develop skills while managing symptoms. Moreover, specialty consultation services are also available throughout the hospital for clients and their families.
Some evidence-based therapies that experts in charge of the child and adolescent mental health treatment at McLean Hospital utilize for patient care include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Exposure and response prevention therapy
Young Adult Mental Health Treatment Programs
McLean Hospital offers various types of mental health treatment programs for young adults, including:
- College Mental Health Program: This unique program is tailored to the needs of college students facing adjustment issues and mental illnesses through a diverse range of options.
- Klarman Eating Disorders Center: This service includes a partial hospitalization program and residential treatment focusing on eating disorders, such as anorexia, binge eating disorder, and bulimia.
- OCD Institute: This service provides intensive treatment for young adults and adolescents suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic attacks, anxiety disorders, and specific phobias.
- Anxiety Mastery Program: As a part of the Anxiety Mastery Program, specialists at McLean mental hospital work closely with people suffering from phobias, obsessions, compulsions, separation anxiety, and panic attacks.
- McLean OnTrack: This outpatient program provides the highest-quality care to all young adults who are in the early stages of a psychotic disorder.
- McLean-Franciscan Youth Inpatient Program: This program is available at the McLean Hospital Massachusetts campus and provides in-depth assessment and inpatient services in a nurturing and safe environment.
- Support, Treatment, and Resilience Program: Also known as the STAR program, it provides outpatient care to individuals between 14 to 25 years particularly vulnerable to psychotic diseases.
- Arlington School is a nationally-recognized high school that combines academic services with clinical support for students suffering from mental health issues.
- Pathways Academy: This is a therapeutic day school that operates throughout the year to meet the sensory, educational, psychological, and social needs of young patients with autism spectrum disorders between the ages of 6 to 22
Adult Mental Health Treatment Programs
Adult mental health treatment programs at McLean Hospital cater to patients with the following issues:
- Addiction: Comprehensive care and support are available for those who wish to control their chemical dependency and regain control of their life.
- Anxiety: The staff is committed to providing help and support to individuals with anxiety and other associated problems through top-of-the-line treatment plans.
- Bipolar Disorder: People with bipolar disorder can receive high-quality residential, outpatient, and community-based treatment.
- Borderline Personality Disorders: The specialized treatment at McLean Hospital help patients with borderline personality disorder reduce self-destructive behaviors while improving their interpersonal skills.
- Depression: From acute crisis stabilization to ongoing outpatient care, this psychiatric hospital provides various treatment options for people with depression.
- Eating Disorders: Women with eating disorders can enroll in partial hospitalization and residential programs that target binge eating disorder, bulimia, and anorexia nervosa.
- OCD: For patients with OCD, McLean Hospital offers day, outpatient, and residential programs that provide skills to manage their illnesses.
- Trauma Disorders: Specialized programs at McLean help people with trauma and trauma-related disorders, such as dissociative identity disorder and PTSD, manage their illnesses in a better way.
Mental Health Treatment for Older Adults
The clinicians at McLean Hospital have enough expertise to cater to the mental health needs of older adults. The rehab focuses on conditions unique to this age group, including Alzheimer’s disease, memory impairment, and dementia, in addition to other problems that present unique challenges for them, such as bipolar disorder, anxiety, and depression. McLean psychiatry also focuses on the neurological and psychological changes that older adults experience as their brains and bodies get older. The programs available for these older adults are also based on science-backed treatment models supported by clinical research.
The interdisciplinary expert team of clinicians and support staff have enough experience in geriatrics and possess training in providing efficient and compassionate care. These clinicians do not shy away from collaborating with patients and their families to provide them with first-class treatment in a pleasant and comfortable environment. Some of the main elements of adult mental health care at McLean Hospital include behavioral strategies, group therapy, solution-focused treatment, medication planning, and aftercare services. The facility also provides consultation services, such as internal medicine, rehabilitation medicine, neurology, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and more.
The treatment options offered as a part of the older adult mental health program include short-term inpatient care that focuses on the following:
- Stabilization of individuals with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
- Bereavement and loss
- Changes in functioning
The rehab also offers outpatient services that help clients build new coping skills while reducing symptoms.
Why should I trust McLean Hospital?
According to McLean Hospital itself, the facility can be an excellent place to seek treatment because:
- It has been ranked at the top by the U.S. News & World Report multiple times
- It provides ongoing quality efforts, such as ensuring the improvement of patient care and tracking treatment outcomes
- The staff members at the facility are also working as a part of the teaching faculty at Harvard Medical School
- The facility has been accredited by The Joint Commission
- It is also a member of Mass General Brigham and gives patients access to many key resources, such as untold medical consultation.
Who does McLean Psychiatric Hospital treat?
McLean Hospital mental hospital provides high-quality treatment for individuals of all age groups with various diagnoses and symptoms. The services they offer are ideal for people who cannot get a mental health diagnosis or are struggling to manage the symptoms related to the diagnosis. The facility claims to specialize in hard-to-treat cases and can work with people who have been in treatment before but have not been able to achieve their desired recovery goals.
McLean Hospital- Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title McLean Hospital