Glenwood Behavioral Health - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Glenwood Behavioral Health is an 80-bed hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, that delivers outpatient and inpatient psychiatric treatment for people aged 18 years and above. The rehab proudly provides treatment and support for various psychiatric illnesses and co-occurring substance use disorders. All admission decisions are made individually, and a personalized plan is tailored to each patient’s needs to cater to their specific strengths while working on their weaknesses. The treatment team includes professionals from different mental health fields to provide clients with a comprehensive recovery experience.
Why Choose Glenwood Psychiatric Hospital?
As stated by the rehab, choosing Glenwood can benefit a patient to receive personalized inpatient and outpatient programming based on research-supported, evidence-based therapeutic interventions. A team delivers all services of professionals within a supportive and safe environment.
Following are some reasons why a person may consider choosing Glenwood Psychiatric Hospital:
Personalized Inpatient Care
Each person who receives support and care at Glenwood Behavioral Health gets a personalized treatment plan after going through a series of assessments, including psychosocial, psychiatric, and medical evaluations. The expert team takes time to recognize each patient’s full scope of needs so that they can customize a treatment plan that empowers them to live the highest possible quality of life.
Experienced and Compassionate Professionals
A multidisciplinary team delivers both inpatient and outpatient programs at Glenwood Hospital of professionals. These experts closely coordinate with each other and patients to provide focused services and programs that yield long-term benefits. Patients are also regularly encouraged to work collaboratively with their treatment team for the best outcomes.
Safe & Supportive Environment
Glenwood Hospital has a professional team that works diligently to ensure that the rehab remains a supportive, safe, and welcoming place for all patients and their families. The state-of-the-art rehab has comfortable patient rooms and customized therapeutic areas. Moreover, it also has dedicated spaces for reflection and relaxation. All patients receive round-the-clock supervision and personalized services in a safe and respectful environment where their dignity is not compromised.
Overview of the Senior Inpatient Program at Glenwood Behavioral Health
Senior individuals struggling with psychiatric issues can consider joining the old inpatient program at Glenwood. Common concerns this program treats include early-onset dementia, depression, addiction, and anxiety. Each senior who enrolls in the program gets an individualized treatment plan, including services and therapies to support their needs. Following are some elements of the old inpatient program at Glenwood.
- Primary medical care: All senior patients regularly meet with the staff for immediate medical care. The staff members responsible for delivering this care include internal medicine physicians, psychiatrists, and psychiatric nurse practitioners.
- On-site medical detox: On-site medical detox allows seniors with addictions to go through their withdrawal process safely without experiencing uncomfortable symptoms.
- Medication management services: Senior patients taking medications as a part of their treatment plan meet with a psychiatrist multiple times a week to optimize their medicine use. Additionally, they also meet with their assigned psychiatric nurse practitioner daily.
- Evidence-based therapies: Patients who enroll in the senior inpatient programs benefit from evidence-based approaches to healing and recovery, such as motivational interviewing and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT).
- Individual, family, and group therapy: These different types of treatment are conducted under the supervision of inpatient therapists who tailor them according to patient needs.
The staff team in charge of the senior program at Glenwood works closely with all patients and their family members and referrals to promote recovery and clinical outcomes. The goal is to help each adult get the support they need to enjoy a healthy, thriving life. The usual duration of stay at the program is between six to twelve days; however, it largely depends on the nature and severity of the symptoms a person is dealing with.
Overview of the Adult Inpatient Program at Glenwood Behavioral Health
The adult inpatient program provides clients an ideal healing space to overcome their underlying behavioral health issues and co-existing substance use concerns. Following are some components that the program specializes in:
- Mental health treatment: The rehab provides customized care and support for people with psychiatric issues, such as bipolar disorder, delusional disorder, schizophrenia, and depression.
- Detoxification services: A registered nurse delivers on-site detoxification services for patients recovering from a co-occurring addiction. These detox services typically last around three days and often include therapeutic programming for people who are in a position to participate.
- Dual diagnosis programs: specialized care is available for people with mental health issues and co-existing substance use disorders. Known as dual diagnosis services, these programs address both issues for maximum benefits.
At Glenwood, Ohio, the expert team understands that each patient heals at their own pace and in his or her own way. Hence, they design their inpatient adult programs to include various therapeutic modalities to suit everyone’s circumstances. Each patient who enrolls in the program usually receives a combination of the following services:
- Basic medical care
- Motivational interviewing
- Group therapy
- Medication management services
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Family therapy
Most people remain in the adult psychiatric unit for up to seven days; however, the duration of stay is not fixed and can increase depending on a person’s needs.
Overview of the Adolescent Inpatient Program at Glenwood Behavioral Health
The adolescent psychiatric program available at Glenwood includes inpatient services for patients with mental health disorders that require urgent support. Common concerns the rehab helps treat include severe disruptive behavior, anxiety disorders, suicidal ideation, and psychotic disorders. Additionally, it also supports adolescents with co-occurring conditions, including addictions.
The adolescent program at Glenwood typically runs for four to seven days; however, the duration can vary according to individual needs. Each patient receives an individualized program that may include the following:
- Family counseling
- Basic medical care
- Daily psychoeducational groups
- Medication management services
Some therapeutic modalities in the adolescent’s inpatient program include cognitive behavioral therapy and family therapy. The purpose of family therapy is to improve communication, promote healing, and solve problems within a household dynamic. CBT groups, on the other hand, help adolescents learn valuable strategies to go through stressful situations while improving their overall quality of life.
Does Glenwood Behavioral Health offer personalized services?
Personalized services form an essential feature of care offered at Glenwood Hospital. Before a patient starts receiving treatment at the rehab, they must complete an in-depth assessment to help experts understand their needs and make appropriate recommendations for care. These assessments are available 24/7, allowing people to connect with staff members more easily.
What is the quality of treatment at Glenwood Psychiatric Hospital?
All treatment programs at Glenwood Behavioral Health are delivered by qualified professionals committed to providing focused, superior clinical services in a comfortable, respectful, and safe environment. These dedicated professionals work closely with each patient and their family members as needed to help them navigate through important decisions regarding their care.
Who is included in the treatment team at Glenwood Hospital?
The team at Glenwood Hospital includes the following professionals:
- Activity therapists
- Registered nurses
- Behavioral health associates
- Psychiatric nurse practitioners
What is the admissions criteria at Glenwood rehab?
Glenwood Behavioral Rehab provides outpatient and inpatient care for adults aged 18 and above. The inpatient services are suitable for people experiencing severe mental health disorder symptoms, as they include round-the-clock care and supervision. Outpatient programs, on the other hand, suit people with mild conditions that do not require constant care. Glenwood is open to people with most psychiatric disorders and extends dual diagnosis services for people who suffer from a mental health disorder and a co-occurring addiction. Remember that all admissions-related decisions occur individually after conducting a thorough assessment of a patient’s past history and needs. If, for some reason, a patient is not deemed suitable for admission, the team tries its best to give them an appropriate referral.
What do Glenwood Behavioral Health Hospital reviews say?
Most reviews about this hospital are favorable; however, some also highlight the negative aspects of the institute, primarily focusing on poor staffing quality and unavailability of doctors.
Glenwood Behavioral Health- Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title Glenwood Behavioral Health
- Treatment Program Addiction / Mental Health / Suicidal Ideation Treatment / Self Harm / Alcohol Addiction / Medication Addiction / Prescription Drug Addiction / Substance Abuse / Anxiety Disorders / Depression / Trauma & PTSD / Dual Diagnosis / Mood Disorder / Bipolar / Schizophrenia
- Location United States
- Languages English
- Accommodation Shared Room, Private Room
- Environment Countryside
- Age Young Adult, Adult
- Approach Medical, One to One, Group, On-Site Detox
- Method Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR), Psychiatric Therapy, Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Social competence training & Life Skills, Medical Detox
- Aftercare Yes
- Amenities Fitness Center, Private Room, Private Residence, Insurance Accepted, Walking
- Gender Women & Men