Cordova Counseling - TREATMENT REVIEWS
Operating from Pensacola, Florida, Cordova Counseling Center is a solution-focused, highly interactive mental health facility that provides practical support and feedback to help people cope with physical problems and emotional difficulties. The professional team employed by the rehab helps all clients find solutions with compassion and sensitivity and equip them with tools to manage various psychological issues and everyday life challenges successfully.
Read Also About Emerald Coast Behavioral Hospital
By blending alternative and conventional approaches, counselors and therapists at Cordova Counseling use a comprehensive approach to help each patient individually. The professional team specializes in supporting children, adults, families, and couples and helping them build on existing strengths to succeed.
Programs and Services in Cordova Counseling Facility
Cordova Rehab provide the following services to its clients based on their circumstances:
Cordova Counseling Center provides faith-based wellness and mental health programs extending to religious organizations and local churches in Santa Rosa and Escambia counties. One of these faith-based services includes the Congregation Assistance Plan, designed to assist people, families, and couples in a religious organization with insufficient or no mental health insurance coverage. For them, the rehab provides psychotherapy and counseling services for minimal rates. Additionally, the rehab also conducts psychoeducational classes and group therapy sessions at affordable rates. Some of these group classes and sessions include the following courses:
- Anger management skills classes
- Pain management/ coping skills enhancement classes
- Parenting skills classes
- Substance dependence/ addiction outpatient treatment
- Substance abuse education
At Cordova Counseling, the team provides congregational care that extends beyond the traditional pastoral services. In addition to the traditional mental health support for underlying psychological issues, the facility also practices preventive wellness and health care. The professional team develops the most effective plan to cater to each client’s specific needs through a faith-based approach combined with research-backed psychotherapy and counseling techniques. The team provides necessary support and care for those fighting specific psychiatric issues and coordinates their medical treatment with psychiatrists and physicians. Following are some areas of expertise of the treatment team at Cordova:
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss and grief
- Spiritual and life confusions
- Career and work issues
- Intimacy and relationship problems
- Neuropsychological services for brain injury and dementia
- Medical and behavioral health issues
- Stress management
- Learning disabilities
- Addiction and recovery
- Sexual abuse
- Parenting and family problems
- Conflict resolution
- Smoking cessation
- Chronic pain management
- Weight management
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Teen and adolescent adjustment issues
Cordova Center has many mental health specialists and psychologists who provide various juvenile and adult forensic services. Among its professional team are Dr. John E. Bingham, Ms. Samuel Taylor, and Dr. Brett W. Turner, court-approved expert witnesses dealing with sexual offense crimes, neuropsychological assessments, and mental health issues in both criminal and civil cases. Most of these cases come through court orders or at the request of an involved attorney. The rehab encourages relevant parties to directly call one of the representatives to learn more about how forensic psychology services work at Cordova.
Additionally, Cordova Counseling also provides post-conviction treatment services to people in need. These services have been approved by the Federal Bureau of Prisons and Federal Probation and the State of Florida Department of Corrections. Once the court convicts a defendant, it requires them to join certain specialized treatment services, such as domestic violence counseling, outpatient substance abuse treatment, life skills training, transitional mental health counseling, DUI counseling, anger management counseling, etc. Experts at Cordova have significant experience in providing most of these therapies in their relevant specialty areas.
Patients can engage in the following two types of web-based therapies at Cordova Counseling Facility:
- Email Advice Service: Through email advice service, patients can get in touch with any of the professional counselors at Cordova and get their input regarding an ongoing issue. The rehab provides a specific email address to forward all queries to and advises everyone to describe their active issue in the email title in a few words. The email body can contain more information about the issue for professionals to assess and comment on.
- Video Conference and Live Chat Service: Patients joining this Florida Counseling Center now have a wide range of internet- and chat-based services. In general, these appointments take place 25 to 45 minutes per session in a similar arrangement as face-to-face appointments.
Pain Management Program
Cordova Pensacola FL offers a broad range of services for individuals suffering from chronic pain. Contrary to what many believe, chronic pain has a physical side and provides most people with an emotional experience by controlling their emotional reactions, such as anxiety, stress, fear, etc. Fortunately, research proves that learning how to manage pain sensations through behavioral medicine interventions added to routine medical treatment is possible. The most effective programs in this regard are the ones that target emotional stress in addition to the usual physical symptoms.
Keeping this ideology in mind, Cordova Counseling Center offers a pain management program that utilizes different methods to help patients lower their painful sensations. As part of this program, the rehab coordinates with their client’s medical providers and physicians to make a recovery effectively possible. The program also focuses on:
- Improving a patient’s understanding and perception of pain
- Enhancing their physical activity levels
- Improving coping skills to manage stress and pain
- Cutting down reliance on pain medications as appropriate
- Improving overall mood
- Strengthening patient’s relationships with others
Anyone can join the pain management program at Cordova by directly contacting the rehab or through a physician’s referral. The program typically starts with a detailed neuropsychological pain evaluation followed by consultation with a professional who can provide tailored solutions to each patient. These professionals also help identify any association between physical illness and emotional stress and provide suitable recommendations to manage both. Each program is individualized to tailor to specific needs and may include one or more of the following interventions:
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis training
- Pain and wellness education
- Pain support group meetings
- Individual or group psychotherapy
- Biofeedback training
How much do I need to pay for counseling sessions at Cordova Center?
A typical session with a licensed psychologist at Cordova lasts 45 minutes and costs $125 per session. A counseling session of a similar duration in a one-to-one setting with a licensed mental health counselor may cause $110 per session. For costs regarding videoconferencing and remote services, clients can contact a rehab representative directly.
Can I benefit from the Employee Assistance Program during treatment at Cordova Counseling Center?
Cordova Rehab offers services that cover Employee Assistance Programs and are a regular part of the benefit packages available through many employers. In some cases, the rehab may also provide cost-free services to a specific limit. The best way to find out if you can join Cordova treatment center through the Employee Assistance Program is by contacting someone from the Human Resources department.
How can I know if my insurance plan will cover treatment costs at Cordova?
A health insurance or employee benefit plan may entirely or partially cover treatment and services at Cordova Health. Many counselors and psychologists at the rehab accept most insurance plans; however, for customer convenience, the rehab team asks all patients to carefully check their insurance coverage by raising the following questions and getting answers to them:
- Do you have any mental health benefits?
- How many sessions per year does your insurance plan cover?
- What is your deductible, and have I met it yet?
- What is your insurance plan’s coverage amount per therapy session?
- How much does insurance cover for an out-of-network provider?
- Does the insurance plan require approval from your primary care physician?
How can I make payment for the services I choose to avail at Cordova?
Cordova Counseling Center accepts all major debit and credit cards for payment purposes. Clients can also pay for treatment through personal checks; however, some restrictions may apply.
Cordova Counseling- Cost/Prices, Center/Clinic/Retreat/Resort Facilities, Inpatient Treatment Program Services
- Title Cordova Counseling