The Meadows is one of the most trusted names in treating trauma and addictions. For more than 40 years they have been helping people overcome addiction, heal unresolved emotional trauma, and develop the tools they need to transform their lives. Their centre is situated below Arizona’s mountainous country and an hour from downtown Phoenix, the western community of Wickenburg hearkens back to a different time and place. This former gold mining town rests on the northern edge of the Sonoran Desert. According to local legend, the clear, dry air of the Sonoran Desert has healing powers. For four decades, The Meadows inpatient treatment centre has been doing just that: helping people recover, heal, and maintain wellness.
Spread across a 14-acre campus, The Meadows is considered one of America’s leading centres for the treatment of trauma and addiction. Licensed by the Joint Commission, The Meadows is fully accredited to provide psychiatric treatment, detoxification, and rehabilitation services year-round. The Meadows employs only the most knowledgeable, experienced, and compassionate. They are known for providing quality, cutting-edge care with input from some of the nation’s leading industry experts. Each member is passionate about offering clients the highest degrees of medical care. They are highly attentive to the needs of the clients. They understand the challenges of recovery and work hard to maintain a level of professionalism and confidentiality that allows patients to fully focus on treatment and recovery.
The centre understands that to achieve full recovery a diverse and comprehensive treatment is needed. The team integrates Group and one-on-one therapy, techniques like Somatic Experiencing®, EMDR, and neurofeedback, as well as holistic options like equine therapy, expressive arts, yoga, and tai chi all, to create a program like no other. Alcohol and drug addiction patients benefit from a specialized approach that combines proven medical and integrated trauma services. Our expert medical and clinical staff includes 24-hour nursing, on-site physicians, and a full-time chief of psychiatry. This talented team of professionals specializes in trauma healing with the help of the latest therapeutic modalities alongside time-tested, research-based methods. Since each patient comes to The Meadows with a unique story, our team works to first understand their needs and history, and then move on to create a personalized patient treatment plan that combines varied therapies to unlock the greatest potential for healing and growth.
Addiction, trauma, and mental health issues can be very isolating, and in groups, patients find community, camaraderie, and invaluable peer support.
This cutting-edge approach uses neuroscience to help better regulate the brain’s limbic system, enhancing the treatment and recovery process.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing is a powerful, effective, and safe method for alleviating the long-term psychological impact of traumatic experiences.
EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUE
This easy-to-learn therapy is based on the theory that disruptions in the body’s energy system cause disturbing emotions. EFT relieves distress and brings positive changes in thinking.
INTERNAL FAMILY SYSTEMS
We all have a core Self that knows how to heal. IFS is a therapeutic approach that helps people find healing by acknowledging, accessing, and loving their protective and wounded inner parts.
This technique allows individuals to remove emotional scar tissue by going back and recovering feelings related to past trauma in order to feel them, process the experience, and release them.
Activities like equine therapy, tai chi, yoga, and more can help restore balance and provide benefits that lead to long-term whole-body healing.
By incorporating 12-Step principles, patients gain additional tools that can help modify negative behaviours, prevent relapse, teach better self-control, and provide permanent healing.
This trademarked, body-oriented approach developed by one of our own Meadows Senior Fellows allows for more relaxation, containment, and emotional self-regulation.
Guided by our trained equine specialists, patients interact with horses to illustrate their own relationship patterns and learn new ways of dealing with trauma, addiction, and others.
EXPRESSIVE ARTS THERAPY
Directed projects and unstructured time with mediums like paint, clay, collage, pastels, and coloured pencils create an environment that encourages personal expression.
These therapies allow the centre to treat a wide range of issues such as :
– Dual Diagnosis
– Bipolar Disorder
– Emotional Trauma
– Codependency & Control Issues
– Relational Issues
– Intimacy & Sexual Struggles
– Alcohol Addiction
– Drug Addiction
– Love Addiction
– Sex Addiction
– Work & Money Issues
– Body Image Issues(Anorexia nervosa)
Over the years, The Meadows has grown and changed to meet the demonstrated needs of patients. Today, The Meadows is one of numerous highly specialized treatment programs in the Meadows Behavioral Healthcare family. The Sisters programs include the CLAUDIA BLACK YOUNG ADULT CENTER, GENTLE PATH FOR MEN, RIO RETREAT CENTER, WILLOW HOUSE FOR WOMEN among several others
- Name The Meadows
- Treatment Program Addiction / Mental Health / Heroin Addiction / Drug Addiction / Cocaine Addiction / Alcohol Addiction / Shopping Addiction / Marijuana Addiction / Nicotine Addiction / Sex Addiction / Love Addiction / Porn Addiction / Behavioural Addiction / Detox / Narcotics Addiction / Gaming Addiction / LSD Addiction / MDMA Addiction / Meth Addiction / Smoking Addiction / Spending Addiction / Substance Abuse / Burnout / Anxiety Disorders / Chronic Stress / Depression / Eating Disorders / Obsessive Compulsive Disorder / Trauma & PTSD / Binge Eating Disorder / Emotional Crisis / Codependency / Dual Diagnosis / Personality Disorder / Mood Disorder / Bipolar
- Location United States/ Arizona
- Languages English
- Accommodation Shared Room, Private Room, Private Apartment, Private Villa
- Cost $100’000–200’000/month
- Age Underage, Young Adult, Adult
- Environment Countryside
- Approach 12 Step, Non 12 Step, Medical, Holistic, One client at a time, One to One, Group, On-Site Detox, Spiritual
- Method AA/NA Meetings, Acupuncture, Massage, Personal Trainer, Nutritional Coaching, Equine-Assisted Therapy, Eye Movement Therapy (EMDR), Family Therapy, Hypnotherapy, Maditation, Music Therapy, Neurofeedback, Sport Activities, Psychiatric Therapy, Psychotherapy, Yoga, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Emotion-focused Therapy (EFT), Social competence training & Life Skills, Life Coaching, Biofeedback, Brain Training, Reflexology, Medical Detox
- Aftercare Yes
- Amenities Airport Transfer, Fitness Center, Private Chef, SPA, Private Room, Private Residence, Insurance Accepted, Walking, Golf, Theater, Sauna, Private Butler, 24h Concierge, Leisure Activities
- Gender Women & Men