The White River Manor is the most renown wellness and health centre in South Africa. It specializes in helping those who suffer fro, addictions, trauma, and other mental health issues. The centre is nestled in the heart of the stunning African bushveld and surrounded by majestic views of nature. The environment is an essential aspect of the recovery process and the White River Manor provides the perfect tranquil environment for growth and recovery. The Manor was founded in 2015 with passion and purpose. This classic country hotel – a stately heritage home located in a 100-year old lush garden – was soon transformed into a world-class facility offering luxury accommodation, state-of-the-art facilities and a dedicated commitment to your recovery.
Jerry, Jeanine and Giles started White River Manor with the vision of creating a world-class treatment programme set in a unique five-star facility. With the core values of treating clients with dignity and respect and catering to their needs, White River Manor is set out to offer a therapeutic process that we believe is a “life-changing experience”
The facilities offer an exclusive range of private rooms available to meet the needs of executive clientele. The centre thrives to offer clients the highest levels of care and to ensure their comfort and wellbeing throughout their recovery journey.
The White River Manor brings together a group of passionate and devoted members to form a multi-professional world-class team. With decades of experience and a piece of vast knowledge in the field of restoration/wellness, addiction and dual diagnosis the team at White River Manor are equipped to assist clients to gain the breakthrough that they need.
The centre is viewed by many as the ultimate destination to recover and healing. It combines the highest standards of addiction treatment with the latest therapeutic techniques to provide you with the perfect opportunity to achieve the life of fulfilment and freedom that you deserve.
The staff are very attentive and focused on the client’s needs and recovery. Each treatment plan is unique and is specially crafted around specific needs to assist you in identifying negative thought patterns and emotions that may trigger harmful behaviour. The therapy team will look to uncover all the hidden issues that might be hurdling your happiness. They look beyond the physical and clear symptoms and into the underlying complications. They will teach you how to cope with all the challenges of your daily life. The treatment plan includes:
– psychiatric evaluation
– intensive therapy
– medical management
– complementary therapies at our luxury health spa
– exercise options, including golf, horse-riding and tennis
– healthy eating and nutrition
– exciting adventure activities, including safari, hiking, quad biking and water rafting.
Individual one on one therapy sessions will be held where you will enjoy the highest levels of privacy. Under full confidentiality, you will work with a dedicated therapist in order to safely express your thoughts and feelings.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is an advanced psychotherapy approach, frequently used in the treatment of dual diagnosis. It is a comprehensive and practical approach, particularly effective in the treatment of complex mental health disorders and behavioural issues – such as trauma, substance use disorder and major depression.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) continues to be one of the most valued and empirically supported therapeutic options for the treatment of addiction, anxiety, phobias, depression and sleep disorders. With CBT, the emphasis is on the present, setting goals and understanding the connection between our thoughts, emotions and behaviours.
Mindfulness therapy, as a general practice, is a way of becoming more fully aware of ourselves and our environment. Through mindfulness techniques, we can learn to pay more attention to the present moment, where we can observe our thoughts, feelings and physical sensations – in a non-judgmental way
In addition, Trauma-Specific Therapy, Spontaneous Healing Intra-Systemic Process, Solution-Focused Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Music & Art Therapy, and Adult-Child Therapy are all integrated to offer clients a specialized and comprehensive treatment plan.
Group Therapy introduces a dynamic opportunity, presented in several interesting formats, each carefully facilitated by a professional therapist. This kind of therapy helps clients open up and share their experiences with one another while also improving social skills.
Treatment of dependency and dual diagnosis is significantly more effective when family and close friends are involved in the recovery process. The decision of involving family members is yours to make whenever you feel ready. This therapy will help family members build awareness and become more supportive.
Aftercare & Support
Having an effective aftercare plan is essential to recovery success, once primary treatment is complete. Based on your specific needs and issues, a trustworthy support structure will help to ensure that you maintain motivation and build resilience as you transition back to everyday life.
- Name White River Manor
- Treatment Program Addiction / Mental Health / Heroin Addiction / Drug Addiction / Cocaine Addiction / Alcohol Addiction / Shopping Addiction / Pathological Gambling / Crack Addiction / Marijuana Addiction / Nicotine Addiction / Sex Addiction / Love Addiction / Porn Addiction / Behavioural Addiction / Opioid Addiction / Medication Addiction / Detox / Narcotics Addiction / Ecstasy Addiction / Gaming Addiction / LSD Addiction / MDMA Addiction / Meth Addiction / Prescription Drug Addiction / Psychostimulant Addiction / Smoking Addiction / Spending Addiction / Substance Abuse / Synthetic Drug Addiction / Burnout / Anxiety Disorders / Chronic Stress / Depression / Eating Disorders / Obsessive Compulsive Disorder / Trauma & PTSD / Bulimia Nervosa / Anorexia Nervosa / Binge Eating Disorder / Orthorexia Nervosa / Phobias / Emotional Crisis / Narcissistic Abuse / Codependency / Dual Diagnosis / Personality Disorder / Mood Disorder / ADHD / Anger / Bipolar
- Location Africa/ South Africa
- Languages English
- Accommodation Shared Room, Private Room, Private Apartment, Private Villa
- Cost $100’000–200’000/month
- Age Underage, Young Adult, Adult
- Environment Desert
- Approach 12 Step, Non 12 Step, Medical, Holistic, One client at a time, One to One, Group, On-Site Detox, Spiritual
- Method AA/NA Meetings, Acupuncture, Massage, Art Therapy, Personal Trainer, Nutritional Coaching, Equine-Assisted Therapy, Eye Movement Therapy (EMDR), Family Therapy, Hypnotherapy, Maditation, Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR), Music Therapy, Neurofeedback, Sport Activities, Psychiatric Therapy, Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, Yoga, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Schema Therapy, Systemic Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Emotion-focused Therapy (EFT), Social competence training & Life Skills, Life Coaching, Biofeedback, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Sleep Therapy, Brain Training, Reflexology, Medical Detox
- Aftercare Yes
- Amenities Airport Transfer, Beach Access, Fitness Center, Private Chef, SPA, Pool, Private Room, Private Residence, Insurance Accepted, Walking, Tennis, Sauna, Private Butler, 24h Concierge, Leisure Activities
- Gender Women & Men